Mazda World Forum banner

Outside mirrors question

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  nivram 
#1 ·
On the back side of the outside mirror where it mounts to the door, there is a prong with no wire on it. Does anyone know what it's for? Its the same size as a slide on connector, but no wires are visible.
Thanks for your help.

#3 ·
Why do you ask? Sometimes things just get molded in a way to make it easier to be removed or other simple reasons. I have not noticed this at all on mine but maybe I do not look closely at things that do not have a problem.
TomK

#4 · (Edited)
In my thirst for parts, had my choice of two 02's and a 00 millenia so took the most important pieces and noticed on the back of the mirrors this connector.
The glass does not show the heat emblem like most heated mirrors do. The reason for my question. These cars were optioned out and should have had heated mirrors I would think. I would have to disassemble a mirror to see what this connector goes to. Does the glass pull out of a socket for removal? so I could check this out and not destroy the mirror. Forgot to mention, that there was not a wire attached to this terminal when I pulled away the door trim.
Thanks again for your response.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.