Mazda World Forum banner

SMH @ This Ca

742 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  JThom2391 
#1 · (Edited)
Millenia S Problems

So about 6 months ago I decide to buy an "economic" car as an everyday driver. Came across this 2000 Millenia S with 87K original miles. Ad said it didn't run right...Might have a blown head gasket. $1000 bucks. I go look at it. It's in phenomenal condition. Not a single dent. Suede interior in perfect condition. But it sputters a little bit when you accelerate. I'm thinking "Yep...Head gasket. $5-600 bucks for the kit from Rock Auto and we'll have a decent little daily driver. If I only knew...

To date I've read every single thread on the TCS system/ABV Solenoids/P0300/Vacuum Leak problems (some several times) that it seems every single Millenia owner deals with sooner or later. After the head gasket, water pump, timing belt work the classic CEL & TCS lights and limp mode happened to me too. Did a lot of what I read here (both ABV solenoid from Tasca, fuel filter, plugs, swapped the ABV itself) and still getting the 0300 and 1540 codes.
So I'm like $3500 + in this thing and can't really turn back now. My question is this:
Is there any new recent info, ideas, or suggestions anyone may have to get this car running well again?
This site has been my go-to for this thing thus far so I figured why not fire an old topic back up again. Thanks in advance!
-JJ

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.