leaking oil - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2003, 01:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to 95MiLLy Send a message via Yahoo to 95MiLLy

my millenia has small signs of oil around the valve cover,.,. mostly where the bolts are and where the gasket is,.,. and on top of that,.,. i pulled out my spark plugs and there is oil in the slots~!~! how could that be?? what should i do???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2003, 05:51 AM
Mazda Newbie

It sounds more like you could have a bad head gasket . I suggest you take it to a reliable mechanic and let them take a good close look at it . better safe then sorry ..... i know i have to do the same thing to my milly ...

But the best thing also to do is get a can of degreaser and carefully spray where it is leaking , wipe it off and check it the next day to see if it is actually leaking from the head gasket . just my opinion maybe a true mechanic might help you here ... Good luck thou
Old 01-16-2003, 02:15 AM

what about the oil coming out of my spark plugs?
Old 01-16-2003, 11:24 PM
Mazda Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Egretlanding Send a message via Yahoo to Egretlanding

I have the same problem on my 95 milly. Let me ask you this, which valve cover is it that you see the oil spot around? Most likely it's the back one underneath the manifold. It's very hard to get to. My mechanic told me 150.00 to replace that valve cover gasket. That's where the leak is coming from. About the oil around the spark plugs, it's coming from the valve cover gasket underneath the manifold. You can't see it, but all the oil that leaks out from that gasket ends up around the spark plugs. Just have the valve cover gaskets replaced. The gasket it self goes for about 28.00 dollars each. Take care of that problem soon..... Hope this helps.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:50 PM

so your saying the valve gasket behind the manifold is the one i need to change in order to get rid of the oil leak,,. when i pull out the wires with the spark plugs its very oily. the oil actually comes up and is all over the valve cover making a mess. i dont know what to do. i saw these gaskets sold at pep boys that was in a bottle,.,. yep, a squeezable gasket bottle that forms gakstes
Old 01-26-2003, 11:58 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by 95MiLLy@Jan 26 2003, 12:50 PM
so your saying the valve gasket behind the manifold is the one i need to change in order to get rid of the oil leak,,. when i pull out the wires with the spark plugs its very oily. the oil actually comes up and is all over the valve cover making a mess. i dont know what to do. i saw these gaskets sold at pep boys that was in a bottle,.,. yep, a squeezable gasket bottle that forms gakstes
That crap won't help your problem. Replace the valve cover gasket on the valve cover that's leaking, hopefully it's the front one or you'll find out why Mazda wants so much to replace the rear one.

You have to pull the intake manifold to replace the rear valve cover gasket (VCG), this means you'll have to replace intake manifold gaskets as well.
Old 02-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Mazda Newbie

hey wuzza i have the same problem with my 95 Mazda Millenia. Well i had toke it to someone and they told me that is the valve cover gasket. They also pulled out my spark plugs and they where full of oil. They mechanic said i need to buy a new valve cover gasket and that cost about 74.99 at discount auto parts or pep boyz maybe a lil more. but they come with the seal for the spark plugs to but its an easy to do project not really hard any question just holla back......
Old 02-05-2003, 11:23 PM

basically my spark plugs full of oil. an there is oil leak signs around the valve cover gasket . there is seal for spark plugs?
how much is it?
Old 02-07-2003, 02:13 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by 95MiLLy@Feb 5 2003, 11:23 PM
basically my spark plugs full of oil. an there is oil leak signs around the valve cover gasket . there is seal for spark plugs?
how much is it?
The Valve Cover Gasket (VCG) is a big, one piece rubber gasket that includes seals around the spark plug holes.

Price varies between Ford and Mazda dealers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement