Who has the most miles/problems on their Milly? - Page 50 - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Mazda Newbie

Send a message via AIM to djxpress@live.com

2000 Mazda Millenia S/ME edition 2.3L V6 engine
83,400 on this day. Purchased in March with 81,800 miles.

Problems: Replaced 4 Oxygen Sensors, re-routed vaccum lines, CD player/cassette doesn't work

Check Engine light currently on and might need to fix ehaust leak.
Otherwise, the car runs fine. Powerful car with fast pickup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Mazda Newbie

1995 Milly S (got it in 2003 with 102k miles) Picked up from a friend who was orginal owner paid him the $400.00 that dealer offered for trade in. I was at dealer with him when he bought it, and when he went to get a new car. Drove it daily for 2 years and 2 years as "backup car" Gave to daughter for 16 birthday (she loves this car) she is now 18 and in college still drives it every day... 130 miles to college she drives back and forth every month. Has OVER 200,000 MILES and it still kicks ass, I will post a picture of odometer soon.. only minor problems; no major rebuilds, just good maintence. Had for over 6 years, and 100,000 miles and I paid $400.00 bucks..best deal on a car I have every made. My buddy still laughs every time he sees it, shakes his head and reminds me that he was worried selling me a used care would ruin our friendship. I have had people try to buy it since I got it.

Her Granddad; (my Mom's husband, not really my "stepdad" but a great guy) Just offered the other day to have the whole car overhauled, engine rebuild and anything else deemed needed as a gift to my daughter. Goes in shop Monday....I will keep you posted on results. Same guy gave me a couple of weeks ago my Mom's 96 lumina (she passed away 3 weeks ago, hiya Mom!) Cars in perfect condition, my sister blew up the engine 1.5 years ago. So engine has less then 5k mile,

today....I am trying to get something out of the doorlock....someone broke something off in it yesterday, looking for pics for door panel removal.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Silver Member

Send a message via AIM to drkhwy1 Send a message via MSN to drkhwy1 Send a message via Yahoo to drkhwy1

2002 2.5L

Current Problems:

Windshield Cracked
Front and Rear Brakes in bad shape (rear brakes are currently being worked on)
Alignment
Tires are not looking so hot.

I have had to replace front lateral links. Center console hold down snapped, been fixed. Countless headlights, fog lights and tail lights...can't seem to keep bulbs in the thing. I solved the problem by switching most bulbs to LEDs. I gave up buying the brighter expensive headlight bulbs, they don't last for **** in this car. And finally there is some rust starting in the rear fender wells. The car couldn't even make it to the end of the loan before it started rusting.

2002 2.5L

[Insert Crafty Signature Line Here]
Old 06-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Mazda Newbie

Bought my Millenia-S 2000 in 2007 while she was 128,268 kms. Impeccable condition.
Check Light came shortly after I took the car. Probably one of the Oxy-sensors is fini.
Changed axles. Otherwise runs great.
She has been super steady on Québec roads during the past two harsh winters. Using Yokohama Tires, can't take chances!
Yes, see some rust on my left rear side door...wonder what to do ?
The electronic panel for window on the right front inner door panel came off the cavity console. Can it be replaced or fixed to get it back in the console cavity.
Today she clocks 167,768 kms.

Kris

...It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.
~Author Unknown
Old 06-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
1997 S
114,000kms
had since August 2002

Major problems: cat.converter and 02 sensors changed[/b]
Well, how did you detect it was a sensor problem ? Did you have the Check Engine light on always ? Which sensors ?

I believe I need to change my sensor P0421 Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). Is it possible to get this and how much are they ? Anyone you can recommend who knows Millenia well enough ? Thanks.

Kris

...It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.
~Author Unknown
Old 07-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Mazda Newbie

My 2002 Millenia only has 54k miles on it.
I bought it not long ago but I'm looking to sell it. It's gorgeous!!

Problems?
NONE!

I just fell in love with another car and must sell this one to purchase the other.

54k miles :-)

Old 08-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Mazda Newbie

My 95 Millenia S just topped out at 211,000 miles. RIP.

That was on the original engine, original supercharger and original transmission.

Great car but got fried from coolant loss.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Silver Member

Bittersweet day for me. Just sold my 2000 S. Brutal experience that lasted the better part of five years and 100K km. Half the fault of the car but equal blame goes to spectacularly incompetent Mazda dealer service experiences.

The car ate wheel bearings like no tomorrow, threw endless CODES but mostly it was the supercharger going south at just 100K km that started the long slide into insanity. Since then I've installed three if you can believe it.

Second one was an ebay special advertised as rebuilt. Turned out to be BS so there was a thousand gone. Second unit was an admited gamble on a $200 high mileage crapshoot. It lasted just a few months before I had to reluctantly admit it was no good either. Finally, I got smart and shelled out the big bucks for a bona fide PSE rebuild. And for some reason known only to God and the universe....the car ran great for precisely half an hour. Then...rattle, hesitation, and huge amounts of smoke -- acting for all the world like a bad compressor. Again. Either that or something else has gone wrong.

That was it. As much as I absolutely love the styling of the S and that great ride (when she was working) my wife and I need a reliable daily commuting machine. So I decided to throw in the towel and offered her up cheap to an enterprising young chap who wants to do the holy grail of the 5 speed install. I wish him all the best. Maybe he'll even surface around here sometime. Take good care of her man!

Anyway, I'm guessing I'm the world's most experienced supercharger swapper outside of a dealer technician. Probably done more than most of them, actually. Can practically do it in my sleep much as I hate it. Funny, I've never improved my time of about 25 hours, though. All those **** vacuum lines, wiring harnesses, and all manner of other crap in the way to slow you down. Plus I'm just slow as **** anyway. My wife would come and go, ask me if I knew I was talking to myself, and pour me the occasional cup of coffee.

Anyway, it was a blast Milly mavens. I'll probably still hang around a bit for old time's sake. She was replaced by an 07 Mazda 3 Sport and I must say, it's real nice getting back to stiring my own gears. Still, when the pain fades, I know I'll miss my baby...

Planning is an unnatural process; it is much more fun to do something. The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression -- Sir John Harvey-Jones

Old 08-23-2009, 11:58 PM

Just got a 2002S with 113K. Great ride after $445.00 for new front axles and 4 new tires. Have to get CEL codes P0105 and P0300 fixed so I can smog the car. Hope it doesn't turn into a money pit.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:00 PM

270,001 miles. 1998 Mazda Millenia 2.5L

Replaced:

Tranny at 175K
O2 Sensor
Speed Sensor
Knock Sensor
VIRS2 Solenoid Valve
Intake Boot
Timing Belt Tensioner & Pulley
Both Front Axels
Engine Mounts
Water Pump
Windshield
Catalytic Converter
Both Front Seats (cosmetic reason)
Steering Wheel (cosmetic reason)
(2) Windshield Wiper Pump Motors
Upper Control Arm Links
(4) Timing Belts

Not to mentions tires, batteries, oil changes every 4K with castrol, etc.

And finally, the reason I got here....looking for new keyless entry remotes..both have gone bad! (And yes they have new batteries)

This post and pictures were updated on 08.30.09. The Goal: 300,000 miles (on original engine).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement