Your fans may be okay. There are two fans: the Condenser Fan (passenger's side of radiator), and the Main Cooling Fan (driver's side of the radiator).
The test procedure for the fans is:
1. Start the engine and run it at idle.
2. Turn A/C switch on.
3. Do condensor and main cooling fans operate? If yes, fans are okay.
It seems like your car is doing that, so it passes the test.
Other things to check for overheated engine in the Millenia:
1. Improper coolant level.
2. Coolant leaks.
3. Improper water/anti-freeze mixture.
4. Poor radiator condition.
5. Damaged radiator hoses.
6. Improper or damaged radiator cap.
7. Malfunction of coolant overflow system parts.
8. Drive belt damage.
9. Blown fuses.
10. Excessive pressure of A/C system.
11. Fans reverse rotation.
12. Thermostat malfunction.
13. Condenser fan inoperative.
14. Main cooling fan inoperative.
15. Improper tension of drive belt.
16. Relays inoperative.
17. Water pump inoperative.
It seems that #13 Condenser fan, and #14 Main cooling fan are operative from what you describe. Check the other items on the list.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.