Frequently Asked Questions - Page 3 - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
It was my understanding that there was a TSB saying they now recommend Regular gas because of carbon buildup. Maybe you should add a note sayin that...[/b]

Hey I am new here just bought my Millenia yesterday or almsot stole it really for $500 its 1995 with 162K Km or 100K Miles. Minor rust over the wheel wells and above the windsheild.

I was just quoting the above becuase in my 1996 626 with the KL03 running 87 sevearly retards the timing, evident in the roughness of the motor, noticable power difference do to timing pull and the milage goes from 27-30 on the highway to 23-25 and in town is simply firghtenling low on 87.

1984 Black Toyota Supra P-Type 5MGE 2.8 I6 (SOLD)
1996 Green Mazda 626 LX KLOE 2.5 V6
1993 White PGT with minor frame damage
1995 Beige Mazda Millenia S (scarry complicated)
**Sigh** must get to 25 posts so I can buy parts for my broken cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
2 things. one, who in the clitoris would have paid 37000+ for a milly S in 1997, and two, im pretty sure premium fuel burns cleaner, thus making less carbon deposits, not more[/b]

regarding need for premium fuel, master mechanics advise that if you own a supercharged car or
one with high compression (10to1 or higher), you must use premium to avoid spark knocking and burning of piston heads. On the other hand, for a non-supercharged or lower compression engine, using premium fuel is a pure waste of money and will carbon-up the engine. Use whatever the car manual recommends!

post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
The master mechanic is talking about an otto cycle engine. We have a miller cycle engine which has the s/c not for boosting performance. It is very complicated and i dont have the exact answer. The manual suggests 91 US-octane, premium is 93 oct here. And this is for worst case. So I mix 93+89 for summer and 89 for winter. ECU compansates timing if it detects lower-than-required octane fuel anyway.

And higher octane is kind of reluctant to burn thus doesnt burn totally. Thats why you would have low power with high octane as far as low octane fuel doesnt cause pre ignition. The unburned fuel collects on catalytic converters (i.e. carbon build-up) and your cats are death.. High octane burns slower, low octane is more aggressive causing more force on pistons and other parts.. However on both rock solid engines this is not an issue to be considered..

Quote:
regarding need for premium fuel, master mechanics advise that if you own a supercharged car or
one with high compression (10to1 or higher), you must use premium to avoid spark knocking and burning of piston heads. On the other hand, for a non-supercharged or lower compression engine, using premium fuel is a pure waste of money and will carbon-up the engine. Use whatever the car manual recommends![/b]

2001 Mazda Millenia S 196k Brilliant Black

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Mazda Newbie

I'm new to this forum. I've owned my Millenia for about a month now. I know this is a really dumb question, but how do I return my steering wheel to automatic adjustment? I let a friend drive my car once and the steering wheel adjusted automatically since. Thanks.
post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to DoN_BLaZe34 Send a message via Yahoo to DoN_BLaZe34
there's a square button on the side of the steering wheel...push it

Previous: R.I.P - Gone but NEVER forgotten...97 Millenia L
Current: 02 Millenia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

j-allan: Don, how can you sleep at night knowing your car is available to drive 24/7?
Very, very tasteful mods, IMO, from the signal mirrors to the hids and engine compartment, well done!

Kat_Daddy: btw, i think plat still holds the milly crown here. Don is moving into the #1 contender spot though...
Roof: Don has the makings of a good padawan.
we will have to see where this goes before i take him under my wing

BH: the true post of a post ***** can only be measured over time. He must remain constant throughout the ages
post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
thank you - keep the ideas coming[/b]

supercharger oil leaks is it the supercharger that is bad when oil pools up in were the intercooler is and it smokes or is it gaskets that can be replaced or is thier a supercharger rebuild kit??
post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Banned by Goliat6288

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
did this car ever come stick shift? (ive been arguing with someone about this for weeks)

Lowered on Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilovers
KLZE powered
Rolling on Mazda 6 snowflakes
Fixing my mistakes

by Millyowner
post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
The MCE or Millenia S never came in stick. The 2.5 Millenia never did either in the US, only in Europe I believe.

2012 Mazdaspeed 3
post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Silver Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
The MCE or Millenia S never came in stick. The 2.5 Millenia never did either in the US, only in Europe I believe.[/b]
No Millenia in North America came with a stick, but overseas there are Xedos 2.5's with a manual that are extremely rare, and there is also a 2.0L engine Xedos with a manual which is also very hard to find.

1995 Millenia S
Parts Now For Sale

post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Banned by Goliat6288

are any of the headlights plastic? i think ive read the 98-00 headlights are glass, is this true? how about the projector headlight from the old models? Same question about the foglight.

Lowered on Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilovers
KLZE powered
Rolling on Mazda 6 snowflakes
Fixing my mistakes

by Millyowner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page