Climate Control Unit - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Mazda Newbie

Thumbs up

Hello All,

I am new to the site. Great thing going here. I found alot of valuable info. I need some help. I have a 95 mazda millenia. The heater/A/C display went out. I took it to the dealer. They told me that it was the computer. They was going to to charge me $900.00 for to fix it. Does anyone know where I can get this part from? Does anyone have the same problem? Everything works! It just went out. I would like to do it myself. Do anyone have any suggestions?

Jesse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Gold Member

Send a message via AIM to GhostMNO

take the dash apart and see if a wire came out

Old 02-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Platinum Member

The climate display and control unit are pricy items at the dealer, but can be had for next to nothing on eBay. I got a control unit for $25 and the digital display I've seen for less than that.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Gold Member

Send a message via AIM to GhostMNO

stumbled across these if thats what your talking about

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-Mazda-Mi...040253781QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-00-Mazda...040255995QQrdZ1

Old 02-24-2006, 12:18 AM

Yeah, same here. Just posted about this a few days ago. Got the full dash with heater control, display and gauges for about $34 inc delivery.

And apparently it's straightforward enough to replace.

So you should be ok. I was the quoted the equivalent of nearly $1500 to replace mine and that wasn't main dealer either !

Oh by the way, you should also check if the actuator has got stuck as that's what was part of my problem. Got some releasing agent sprayed on it and it's worked fine ever since.

<span style="color:#000000">SECOND member of the MazdaWorld Old Boys Team !
Old 02-24-2006, 01:25 AM
Gold Member

Welcome 95mazdamilly...our 95 have the most beautiful interior don't they? taking off the dash is a little tricky in the 95 due to the dimmmer switch which is stuck in place, unlike the 97+ that just pops off. Unfortunetly, i am warning you now, you must break a screw clip to get the dash off the first time. this screw never goes back on either. Take off the black plastic covers next to the steering wheel. The right one will pop right off. Take the screw out behind it. this is the same as the screw on the other side which you can not get at. force it off, no harm done. Pull the dash forward and disconnect all the wiring harnesses for the gauges, climate display, etc. pull dash out. Replace climate or gauge units as necessary. I suggest e-bay as well for the climate display.

Pics of your 95 please. Do you have a limited color like my 95 steel grey(dont let the tail lights fool you)? how many miles?

2000 Mazda Millenia S Millennium Edition, 80,000 miles, 95-96 cromeless trunk plate, 95-96 side mirrors, Clear parking light mod, 01-02 tweeter spekers, First ever CAI on an S -STAGE 2 -, K&N chrome inverted top filter, 2.5" mandrel bent custom exhaust: magnaflow resonator & high flow cat, Remus twin angeld exhaust, Hayden 1677 tranny cooler, Eibach lowering spings, 4300K HIDs in TSX projectors fit in 95-96 housings, Carbon fiber gauge bezel/Aluminum gauge rings, Aluminum scuff plates, LED brake, reverse, and front/rear indicators, Custom chromed LED towers, MX-3 flasher relay - hyperflash fix, All blacklight interior LEDs, 95-96 trunk lining

RIP 1995 Mazda Millenia 2.5L, 130,000+ miles: Custom Cold-Air/Short-Ram convertable intake,, K&N chrome inverted top filter, NGK plugs & wires, Remus exhaust: 2.5" tubing: Sound Clip, Hayden 1677 tranny cooler, Eibach lowering spings, 18" ASA wheels, Pirelli tires, 6000K Phillips HID kit, Custom grill, Aluminum scuff plates, 99-00 Clear front indicators, 99-00 Taillights, 220 Total exterior LEDs: Custom chromed LED towers, 99-00 Chrome shifter trim, Custom mazdaspeed steering wheel badge, Carbon fiber guage bezel, Chrome interior door handles, Custom carbon-fiber handle trim. ash tray, and shifter stick, 99-00 lighted woodgrain window control switch, 20% tint all around, De-badged, Custom radio install: JVC Kameleon headunit, 750 Watt Infinity sub, Custom rear speaker port, Cerwin-Vega door speakers, 1500 watts of Rockford Fosgate power. Watch the milly videos: "Runnin' the Chicago Streets", "Remus Exhasut Sound Clip", Gasp in Horror: The Destruction pic 1,The Destruction pic 2,The Destruction pic 3,The Destruction pic 4

Mad Millenia Parts for Sale
Old 02-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Yeah, same here. Just posted about this a few days ago. Got the full dash with heater control, display and gauges for about $34 inc delivery.

And apparently it's straightforward enough to replace.

So you should be ok. I was the quoted the equivalent of nearly $1500 to replace mine and that wasn't main dealer either !

Oh by the way, you should also check if the actuator has got stuck as that's what was part of my problem. Got some releasing agent sprayed on it and it's worked fine ever since.
[/b]
Thanks Dallasaurora,

Just wondering where is the actuator?
Old 02-24-2006, 10:10 AM

Junkyard, they would probably charge you between $10-$20 for the part and you can put it in yourself in about 5 minutes. (Savings of $890 and all day without a car) but even before that, i would just check to see if the wire harness is all the way in first.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Junkyard, they would probably charge you between $10-$20 for the part and you can put it in yourself in about 5 minutes. (Savings of $890 and all day without a car) but even before that, i would just check to see if the wire harness is all the way in first.
[/b]
Okay! I will try that this weekend! If that is not the case then, I will purchese it from ebay. Thanks ReauDog96!
Old 02-24-2006, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Thanks Dallasaurora,

Just wondering where is the actuator?
[/b]
Sorry, my scanner has just packed up so I've had to do a screen shot which isn't very good but you should be able to zoom in. I think I've got the right part (the part number is highlighted in the second pic).

[attachmentid=1257]

Also check out the thread on the subject

Heater Not Working
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Xedos_9_Parts.PDF (612.8 KB, 83 views)

<span style="color:#000000">SECOND member of the MazdaWorld Old Boys Team !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement