which emission parts are covered under FED emission warranty? - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Mazda Newbie

I just found my Millennia S is still under FED. Emission Warranty, which will cover for 8 years/80,000 miles, until June, 2006. But I donít which emission parts are covered under the warranty.

Do you have any information about it?

Can it cover the O2 sensor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Banned

generally it does not cover o2 sensors since they wear out anyway, but there cheap and easy to install yourself, whats covered is more or less just the actually exhaust system, mostly the cats. And the ECU if you can prove its causing you to fail emissions
Old 03-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Mazda Newbie

Thanks a lot !

I need pay for the O2 sensor.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:31 PM
Platinum Member

Under Federal Emissions, you pretty much just get the cats and the ECU.

But if you live in a state with California emissions (which is California and about 5 other states), you get more things covered. In those states you get things like O2 sensors, spark plugs, timing belts, etc. So, if you live in one of those states you might want to check out the State emissions laws.

Also, that is why they say to replace the timing belt in California emissions vehicles at 105,000 miles. Because if Mazda said to change them at 60,000 miles, then the dealerships in California would have to replace everyone's belt for free at 60,000 miles. But in actuality, it is the exact same belt that they tell all the other states to change at 60,000. So it seems that if you have to pay for the timing belt, Mazda says it change it at 60,000. But if Mazda has to pay for it, they say it will last 105,000. Go figure...
Old 03-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Banned

o2 sensors are really cheap, you can get them online from ngk, once you find it they just screw out and screw in
Old 04-17-2006, 07:34 PM

Send a message via MSN to VaDiMkA Send a message via Yahoo to VaDiMkA

Ok, so here's the deal, my milly won't pass smog and it only has 54k right now, covered under the FED Emm. warranty right? NO, just because the car is salvage, now I have no warranty even on my cats, which in my case is possibly gone bad from driving with a random, BAD misfire. My coilpacks had cracked boots on almost all of them which made my car have almost no accel. Maybe some1 has a bit of knowledge as to what will make the HC level too high to pass emissions, HC meaning the level of unburnt gas in exhaust. Soppesedly there is a pending P0421 code coming up, PLEASE HELP

Old 04-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Platinum Member

Try running regular gas. What are the rest of the levels like?

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...y/DietCoke.jpg

People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

Words should be a little wild, for they are the assault of thought on the unthinking.

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool ... shun him.
He who knows not and knows that he knows not, is ignorant ... teach him.
He who knows and knows not that he knows, is asleep ... wake him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, is a wise man ... follow him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement