Change Thermostat the Easy Way - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2006, 03:26 AM
Mazda Newbie

this is a write up about changing Thermostat on the S model, i read other post, i don't see any on the S model with pictures, so i took some pictures while i am doing it. and it's not that difficult like they said in the book, should take less than an hour.

and put the fan back and connect the power back, put reservoir back reconnect the hoses and don't forget to add coolan. start the car and let it warm up and check for leaks. like i said, it should take less than an hour.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2006, 04:01 AM
Platinum Member

This is great! I think it should go directly into the Technical guides subforum

I guess it can be used for the 2,5 as well, part from some of the dismantling, easier access on that one. Isn't it? Never done it on my Xedos. Eventually I will though, a thermostat replacement after say 160000 km or 8-10 years is cheap preventive maintenance.

Originator of the Mazdaworld Old Boys Team!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:18 AM
Mazda Newbie

i am not sure on the 2.5L engine, i think the location is different, yeh, it's a lot easier to work on the 2.5L engine and easier to find the correct parts,too.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Gold Member

what happend when you put it in backwards?

i think i remember mine being the other way on my 2.5

2000 Mazda Millenia S Millennium Edition, 80,000 miles, 95-96 cromeless trunk plate, 95-96 side mirrors, Clear parking light mod, 01-02 tweeter spekers, First ever CAI on an S -STAGE 2 -, K&N chrome inverted top filter, 2.5" mandrel bent custom exhaust: magnaflow resonator & high flow cat, Remus twin angeld exhaust, Hayden 1677 tranny cooler, Eibach lowering spings, 4300K HIDs in TSX projectors fit in 95-96 housings, Carbon fiber gauge bezel/Aluminum gauge rings, Aluminum scuff plates, LED brake, reverse, and front/rear indicators, Custom chromed LED towers, MX-3 flasher relay - hyperflash fix, All blacklight interior LEDs, 95-96 trunk lining

RIP 1995 Mazda Millenia 2.5L, 130,000+ miles: Custom Cold-Air/Short-Ram convertable intake,, K&N chrome inverted top filter, NGK plugs & wires, Remus exhaust: 2.5" tubing: Sound Clip, Hayden 1677 tranny cooler, Eibach lowering spings, 18" ASA wheels, Pirelli tires, 6000K Phillips HID kit, Custom grill, Aluminum scuff plates, 99-00 Clear front indicators, 99-00 Taillights, 220 Total exterior LEDs: Custom chromed LED towers, 99-00 Chrome shifter trim, Custom mazdaspeed steering wheel badge, Carbon fiber guage bezel, Chrome interior door handles, Custom carbon-fiber handle trim. ash tray, and shifter stick, 99-00 lighted woodgrain window control switch, 20% tint all around, De-badged, Custom radio install: JVC Kameleon headunit, 750 Watt Infinity sub, Custom rear speaker port, Cerwin-Vega door speakers, 1500 watts of Rockford Fosgate power. Watch the milly videos: "Runnin' the Chicago Streets", "Remus Exhasut Sound Clip", Gasp in Horror: The Destruction pic 1,The Destruction pic 2,The Destruction pic 3,The Destruction pic 4

Mad Millenia Parts for Sale
Old 05-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member

Uh, that ain't the easy way! The easy way is to get that bitch up on a lift or get on your back. Remove the lower radiator hose from the t-stat housing (or just straight unbolt the hosuing). Let it all drain and just unbolt the t-stat housing. I've done it. Much easier than doing everything you did! :P
Old 05-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Platinum Member

Backwards thermostat effectively blocks coolant flow making the engine overheat. Factory Mazda thermostat is the way to go and is fairly cheap. I bought one of those AutoZone thermostats and decided not to install it because it looked so cheap compared to the original.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Banned by Goliat6288

The thermostat on the 2.5 doesnt go in that way... it goes in the other way. If you try to put an OEM, which i think i have, the same way the tutorial says to put it in on the 2.5 it will not let the housing close properly.

Lowered on Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilovers
KLZE powered
Rolling on Mazda 6 snowflakes
Fixing my mistakes
http://milleniatech.net/ by Millyowner
Old 02-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlost View Post
this is a write up about changing Thermostat on the S model, i read other post, i don't see any on the S model with pictures, so i took some pictures while i am doing it. and it's not that difficult like they said in the book, should take less than an hour.

and put the fan back and connect the power back, put reservoir back reconnect the hoses and don't forget to add coolan. start the car and let it warm up and check for leaks. like i said, it should take less than an hour.

Where is the guide?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Banned by Goliat6288

huh? where the **** did it go? ok i guess this is being taken off the tech section

Lowered on Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilovers
KLZE powered
Rolling on Mazda 6 snowflakes
Fixing my mistakes
http://milleniatech.net/ by Millyowner
Old 03-16-2011, 11:09 PM
Mazda Newbie

i don't see any pictures?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread