Alarm and Horn issue - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Gold Member

I am having an issue with my horn. it doesnt work. the fuse is a ok and i tested the relay, its good too. what should i check next?

the alarm is also going off. If i use the key to open the car. as soon as i turn the key the alarm goes off, i dont even need to open the door. I can also no longer unlock all the doors by holding the key after turning it?? where is the alarm module? can i disable it or at least disable my headlights (HIDS) from flashing? i have ordered a new remote because that is the only way to unlock the car without the alarm going off.

2000 Mazda Millenia S Millennium Edition, 80,000 miles, 95-96 cromeless trunk plate, 95-96 side mirrors, Clear parking light mod, 01-02 tweeter spekers, First ever CAI on an S -STAGE 2 -, K&N chrome inverted top filter, 2.5" mandrel bent custom exhaust: magnaflow resonator & high flow cat, Remus twin angeld exhaust, Hayden 1677 tranny cooler, Eibach lowering spings, 4300K HIDs in TSX projectors fit in 95-96 housings, Carbon fiber gauge bezel/Aluminum gauge rings, Aluminum scuff plates, LED brake, reverse, and front/rear indicators, Custom chromed LED towers, MX-3 flasher relay - hyperflash fix, All blacklight interior LEDs, 95-96 trunk lining

RIP 1995 Mazda Millenia 2.5L, 130,000+ miles: Custom Cold-Air/Short-Ram convertable intake,, K&N chrome inverted top filter, NGK plugs & wires, Remus exhaust: 2.5" tubing: Sound Clip, Hayden 1677 tranny cooler, Eibach lowering spings, 18" ASA wheels, Pirelli tires, 6000K Phillips HID kit, Custom grill, Aluminum scuff plates, 99-00 Clear front indicators, 99-00 Taillights, 220 Total exterior LEDs: Custom chromed LED towers, 99-00 Chrome shifter trim, Custom mazdaspeed steering wheel badge, Carbon fiber guage bezel, Chrome interior door handles, Custom carbon-fiber handle trim. ash tray, and shifter stick, 99-00 lighted woodgrain window control switch, 20% tint all around, De-badged, Custom radio install: JVC Kameleon headunit, 750 Watt Infinity sub, Custom rear speaker port, Cerwin-Vega door speakers, 1500 watts of Rockford Fosgate power. Watch the milly videos: "Runnin' the Chicago Streets", "Remus Exhasut Sound Clip", Gasp in Horror: The Destruction pic 1,The Destruction pic 2,The Destruction pic 3,The Destruction pic 4

Mad Millenia Parts for Sale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I am having an issue with my horn. it doesnt work. the fuse is a ok and i tested the relay, its good too. what should i check next?

the alarm is also going off. If i use the key to open the car. as soon as i turn the key the alarm goes off, i dont even need to open the door. I can also no longer unlock all the doors by holding the key after turning it?? where is the alarm module? can i disable it or at least disable my headlights (HIDS) from flashing? i have ordered a new remote because that is the only way to unlock the car without the alarm going off.[/b]
Well with the alarm I know on my millenia u must use the remote 1st 2 unlock the doors. Also if I forget 2 lock my doors they lock by themselves after a couple minutes. Once the doors lock the alarm is automactically armed.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Yes I believe there is a way of disconnecting your headlights from the alarm module. Ask around for the alarm wiring diagram. If no one here has it ill get on Mitchell ondemand when I get to school on Monday and get it to you. As for the alarm that is really wierd. I dont even have a remote yet and its working fine.
-Steven

<span style="font-family:Verdana">2001 Mazda Millenia L R.I.P
Old 09-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Well with the alarm I know on my millenia u must use the remote 1st 2 unlock the doors.[/b]
then your milly is having the same prob as mine. the alarm should disable once you unlock the car with the key. i suspect maybe a wiring problem for both the horn and the alarm issue.

Quote:
Yes I believe there is a way of disconnecting your headlights from the alarm module. Ask around for the alarm wiring diagram. If no one here has it ill get on Mitchell ondemand when I get to school on Monday and get it to you. As for the alarm that is really wierd. I dont even have a remote yet and its working fine.
-Steven[/b]
thanks. hopefully someone on here has some experience wit these issues.

2000 Mazda Millenia S Millennium Edition, 80,000 miles, 95-96 cromeless trunk plate, 95-96 side mirrors, Clear parking light mod, 01-02 tweeter spekers, First ever CAI on an S -STAGE 2 -, K&N chrome inverted top filter, 2.5" mandrel bent custom exhaust: magnaflow resonator & high flow cat, Remus twin angeld exhaust, Hayden 1677 tranny cooler, Eibach lowering spings, 4300K HIDs in TSX projectors fit in 95-96 housings, Carbon fiber gauge bezel/Aluminum gauge rings, Aluminum scuff plates, LED brake, reverse, and front/rear indicators, Custom chromed LED towers, MX-3 flasher relay - hyperflash fix, All blacklight interior LEDs, 95-96 trunk lining

RIP 1995 Mazda Millenia 2.5L, 130,000+ miles: Custom Cold-Air/Short-Ram convertable intake,, K&N chrome inverted top filter, NGK plugs & wires, Remus exhaust: 2.5" tubing: Sound Clip, Hayden 1677 tranny cooler, Eibach lowering spings, 18" ASA wheels, Pirelli tires, 6000K Phillips HID kit, Custom grill, Aluminum scuff plates, 99-00 Clear front indicators, 99-00 Taillights, 220 Total exterior LEDs: Custom chromed LED towers, 99-00 Chrome shifter trim, Custom mazdaspeed steering wheel badge, Carbon fiber guage bezel, Chrome interior door handles, Custom carbon-fiber handle trim. ash tray, and shifter stick, 99-00 lighted woodgrain window control switch, 20% tint all around, De-badged, Custom radio install: JVC Kameleon headunit, 750 Watt Infinity sub, Custom rear speaker port, Cerwin-Vega door speakers, 1500 watts of Rockford Fosgate power. Watch the milly videos: "Runnin' the Chicago Streets", "Remus Exhasut Sound Clip", Gasp in Horror: The Destruction pic 1,The Destruction pic 2,The Destruction pic 3,The Destruction pic 4

Old 09-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Gold Member

Old 09-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member

Yeah the alarm is tied in with the rest of the electronics at the CPU module so there's no way to disable it directly. Best way is to trick your alarm into never arming by disabling the hood switch mounted on the passenger-side fender. When you lock the doors, you won't get the ding or the security light.

As for the problem, try unlocking the doors from the passenger side when the alarm is armed. It should unlock all doors from both sides. There's a switch on the lock tumbler that can get flaky or go bad. My 1995 L did the same thing every once in a while on the drivers side. The passenger side door switch was completely dead. It set the alarm off every time I unlocked the doors from the passenger side. On my 1999 S, both sides unlock all 4 doors without setting off the alarm.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Yeah the alarm is tied in with the rest of the electronics at the CPU module so there's no way to disable it directly. Best way is to trick your alarm into never arming by disabling the hood switch mounted on the passenger-side fender. When you lock the doors, you won't get the ding or the security light.

As for the problem, try unlocking the doors from the passenger side when the alarm is armed. It should unlock all doors from both sides. There's a switch on the lock tumbler that can get flaky or go bad. My 1995 L did the same thing every once in a while on the drivers side. The passenger side door switch was completely dead. It set the alarm off every time I unlocked the doors from the passenger side. On my 1999 S, both sides unlock all 4 doors without setting off the alarm.[/b]
thanks for the info, once i get a new remote it wont be a problem. disabling the headlights flashing with the alarm is still an issue though. I will test the passenger side lock.

is the hood switch on the inside of the fender (under the hood) can i still pop the hood if i disable it? not sure exactly what to do.

Any ideas about what to troubleshoot next with the horn? the fuse and relay are good, horn no worky worky.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Its on the inside fender under the hood, I think he is saying to make sure the pin doesnt go down. Maybe by just disconnecting it it will disable it.

There is someone around here who disabled their HID's from their alarm Im pretty sure I remembered reading it. What about the horn itself? Does it work when you press the steering wheel or does it only not work with the alarm.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Don Blaze- "lmao just dealt with it huh dj? anyway t.a. my alarm going of isn't a problem because my headlights have been rewired to run off a relay switch as opposed to the stock one...so when the alarm goes off, the headlights don't even come on"

Old 09-21-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
can i disable it or at least disable my headlights (HIDS) from flashing?[/b]
Is all the stock alarms on the Millenia's supposed to make the headlights flash when you unarm it?
Mine doesn't do that but I want it to and I have the stock alarm in mine.
'99 Mazda Millenia S, re-man motor, 12000k HID Conversion Kit, disabled parking lights, Pioneer Premier FH-P800BT Head Unit, Alpine Type-R speakers front and back, custom cold air intake, custom black carpet, Rockford Fostgate T1500-1BD 1000WRMS amp, Rockford Fostgate T1 1000WRMS subwoofer, blue led's (cluster)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement