How much do you think my Millenia is worth? - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Mazda Newbie

I have a 1995 Mazda Millenia with the 2.5 and about 175k on it. I'm wondering how much I could possibly get out of it. I might need to sell it relatively soon. This isn't meant for the classifieds, just to get a possible value for it, if I do need to sell it.

To my knowledge, it needs a set of tires, front brake pads & rotors, driver side axle, front passenger side strut link, a battery, a passenger side fog light, a distributor, and a probable tune up. It's been sitting in my yard for about a year and a half now with it being started and moved spring through fall on a monthly basis. It runs, but has a misfire that was diagnosed by a local garage as being in need of a new distributor about a year ago. I didn't have the money to invest at the time, so I put it on the backburner but never had a chance to look into it since. It ran very well before the misfire.

Body wise, its in decent shape. There are no dents and very few dings. The biggest issue here is that some rust has started munching on the right rear fender. The paint is good except for three areas: the trunk lid where it has started to peel off, the front bumper which is all scuffed up, and the roof where there is some oxidation starting to occur. Other than the missing foglight, all lights are in tact and working. All glass is flawless.

Interior wise, it's downright perfect with very few blemishes. The leather is in very good condition with only some light wear on the drivers seat. The wood trim on the center stack is cracked, but its all in place and hard to notice. Also, the driver side seat heater does not work for whatever reason. Passenger side seat heater still works, though. Otherwise, everything is perfect and in working condition. One of the cleanest interiors I've seen on a 14 year old car.

Here are the most recent pictures I have of it. They are from last spring, I think.

So, how much do you guys think it's worth? I'd prefer to sell it whole, not part it out or anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2009, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

Condition/Value

Excellent
$2,425

Good
$2,075

Fair
$1,675

Yours is in fair condition. This is directly from KBB.

<span style="font-family:Verdana">2001 Mazda Millenia L R.I.P
Old 02-09-2009, 10:01 AM
MazdaWorld Member

I would say even less than the fair condition since it doesn't even run right.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
I would say even less than the fair condition since it doesn't even run right.[/b]
Yes, I'm not really expecting to go by book value considering what issues it has. I more or less would like a general price I could affix it if the time comes to sell it within the next month. It's been a lawn ornament for the past year and a half and money is starting to become somewhat tight. It's the first on my list of possibly sacrifices, sadly.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:28 PM
MazdaWorld Member

Well, it is a 14 year old car with 175k miles and it doesn't run right. I think you would be fortunate to sell it at all. I know I wouldn't buy it. Maybe $1000? Maybe you can part it out?
Old 02-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Well, it is a 14 year old car with 175k miles and it doesn't run right. I think you would be fortunate to sell it at all. I know I wouldn't buy it. Maybe $1000? Maybe you can part it out?[/b]
I know, it's sitting in my yard, haha.

I've wanted to fix it up for a while, but any time I have the money, its needed elsewhere. I figure it could be sold as a good parts car for someone. If I do have to sell it, I'll have to sell it regardless of what I get out of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement