Intermittent Wiper Relay - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Gold Member

anyone ever notice that when you are driving in your 97+ milly and have the wipers set on intermittent there is a clicking noise right as the wipers engage? My 95 milly never did this. can someone with a 95-96 confirm this? you will hear the click come from the relay right under and behind the cruise control switch on the dash if any at all.

I am guessing i can just swap out the intermittent wiper relay on my 00 with one from a 95-96 to get a more luxurious and annoyance free ride.

just another reason why the 95-96 models were so great.

2000 Mazda Millenia S Millennium Edition, 80,000 miles, 95-96 cromeless trunk plate, 95-96 side mirrors, Clear parking light mod, 01-02 tweeter spekers, First ever CAI on an S -STAGE 2 -, K&N chrome inverted top filter, 2.5" mandrel bent custom exhaust: magnaflow resonator & high flow cat, Remus twin angeld exhaust, Hayden 1677 tranny cooler, Eibach lowering spings, 4300K HIDs in TSX projectors fit in 95-96 housings, Carbon fiber gauge bezel/Aluminum gauge rings, Aluminum scuff plates, LED brake, reverse, and front/rear indicators, Custom chromed LED towers, MX-3 flasher relay - hyperflash fix, All blacklight interior LEDs, 95-96 trunk lining

RIP 1995 Mazda Millenia 2.5L, 130,000+ miles: Custom Cold-Air/Short-Ram convertable intake,, K&N chrome inverted top filter, NGK plugs & wires, Remus exhaust: 2.5" tubing: Sound Clip, Hayden 1677 tranny cooler, Eibach lowering spings, 18" ASA wheels, Pirelli tires, 6000K Phillips HID kit, Custom grill, Aluminum scuff plates, 99-00 Clear front indicators, 99-00 Taillights, 220 Total exterior LEDs: Custom chromed LED towers, 99-00 Chrome shifter trim, Custom mazdaspeed steering wheel badge, Carbon fiber guage bezel, Chrome interior door handles, Custom carbon-fiber handle trim. ash tray, and shifter stick, 99-00 lighted woodgrain window control switch, 20% tint all around, De-badged, Custom radio install: JVC Kameleon headunit, 750 Watt Infinity sub, Custom rear speaker port, Cerwin-Vega door speakers, 1500 watts of Rockford Fosgate power. Watch the milly videos: "Runnin' the Chicago Streets", "Remus Exhasut Sound Clip", Gasp in Horror: The Destruction pic 1,The Destruction pic 2,The Destruction pic 3,The Destruction pic 4

Mad Millenia Parts for Sale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
anyone ever notice that when you are driving in your 97+ milly and have the wipers set on intermittent there is a clicking noise right as the wipers engage? My 95 milly never did this. can someone with a 95-96 confirm this? you will hear the click come from the relay right under and behind the cruise control switch on the dash if any at all.

I am guessing i can just swap out the intermittent wiper relay on my 00 with one from a 95-96 to get a more luxurious and annoyance free ride.

just another reason why the 95-96 models were so great.[/b]
I am picky about noises and never heard it before. With new wipers there is no noise at all.. I didnt try to open the hood and listen though.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Platinum Member

My 1999 sounds no different than my 1995 model did. With the frameless wiper blades they are dead silent.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Gold Member

the clicking noise is definetly coming from the relay. it is very faint but there. I usually only hear it if it is a quiet night with the windows up of course.

you can see from the wiring diagram where the intermittent wiper relay is. that is where the clicking noise is coming from. just like the flasher relay is under the dash, that is where the noise comes from when you use your turn signals or hazards...

I swear my 95 did not have a clicking noise coming from this location. it only happens when the wipers are on the intermittent setting.

I will just get the relay from a 95-96 to confirm if no one with a 95-96 can do it for me.

2000 Mazda Millenia S Millennium Edition, 80,000 miles, 95-96 cromeless trunk plate, 95-96 side mirrors, Clear parking light mod, 01-02 tweeter spekers, First ever CAI on an S -STAGE 2 -, K&N chrome inverted top filter, 2.5" mandrel bent custom exhaust: magnaflow resonator & high flow cat, Remus twin angeld exhaust, Hayden 1677 tranny cooler, Eibach lowering spings, 4300K HIDs in TSX projectors fit in 95-96 housings, Carbon fiber gauge bezel/Aluminum gauge rings, Aluminum scuff plates, LED brake, reverse, and front/rear indicators, Custom chromed LED towers, MX-3 flasher relay - hyperflash fix, All blacklight interior LEDs, 95-96 trunk lining

RIP 1995 Mazda Millenia 2.5L, 130,000+ miles: Custom Cold-Air/Short-Ram convertable intake,, K&N chrome inverted top filter, NGK plugs & wires, Remus exhaust: 2.5" tubing: Sound Clip, Hayden 1677 tranny cooler, Eibach lowering spings, 18" ASA wheels, Pirelli tires, 6000K Phillips HID kit, Custom grill, Aluminum scuff plates, 99-00 Clear front indicators, 99-00 Taillights, 220 Total exterior LEDs: Custom chromed LED towers, 99-00 Chrome shifter trim, Custom mazdaspeed steering wheel badge, Carbon fiber guage bezel, Chrome interior door handles, Custom carbon-fiber handle trim. ash tray, and shifter stick, 99-00 lighted woodgrain window control switch, 20% tint all around, De-badged, Custom radio install: JVC Kameleon headunit, 750 Watt Infinity sub, Custom rear speaker port, Cerwin-Vega door speakers, 1500 watts of Rockford Fosgate power. Watch the milly videos: "Runnin' the Chicago Streets", "Remus Exhasut Sound Clip", Gasp in Horror: The Destruction pic 1,The Destruction pic 2,The Destruction pic 3,The Destruction pic 4

Old 08-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Silver Member

I went out and checked on my 95. With the engine off, hood open, and no background noise, I can hear a click every time the wipers go. With the hood closed I barely hear it and I would never be able to hear it with the engine running, or even with the sound of rain on the windows. This might not even be the same noise, it actually sounds like it could be the wiper arm shifting when it starts to move, and it sounds the same whether it is a single swipe, intermittent, medium, or full speed. I don't know if this answers your question or not.

1995 Millenia S
Parts Now For Sale
http://forums.mazdaworld.org/100-mil...arts-sale.html
Old 08-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
I went out and checked on my 95. With the engine off, hood open, and no background noise, I can hear a click every time the wipers go. With the hood closed I barely hear it and I would never be able to hear it with the engine running, or even with the sound of rain on the windows. This might not even be the same noise, it actually sounds like it could be the wiper arm shifting when it starts to move, and it sounds the same whether it is a single swipe, intermittent, medium, or full speed. I don't know if this answers your question or not.[/b]
as long as you are not hearing a click under the dash then i think this answers my q. the intermittent wiper relay on the 95-96 is either silent or very close to. I will get a new relay to confirm. thanx.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Banned by Goliat6288

Quote:
as long as you are not hearing a click under the dash then i think this answers my q. the intermittent wiper relay on the 95-96 is either silent or very close to. I will get a new relay to confirm. thanx.[/b]
funny how after reading this thread i noticed the clicking noise. very very low clicking noise right b4 the wiper goes up. Had to pull up all my windows, turn off AC and radio to hear it.

Lowered on Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilovers
KLZE powered
Rolling on Mazda 6 snowflakes
Fixing my mistakes
http://milleniatech.net/ by Millyowner
Old 08-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
funny how after reading this thread i noticed the clicking noise. very very low clicking noise right b4 the wiper goes up. Had to pull up all my windows, turn off AC and radio to hear it.[/b]
i knew i wasnt crazy.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
i knew i wasnt crazy. [/b]
As long as you dont see dead people, wiper blade clicks are OK
Advertisement