Door Locks Problem with Loud Noise - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2010, 11:51 AM

Default Door Locks Problem with Loud Noise

ever since I got the car the door locks have been making a loud noise when I press the lock/unlock button (both when I push the buttons on the driver door and from my key fob). I just noticed that the key fob doesnt lock the driver door, its locks all the others. So I have to lock the driver door manually...however, the key fob will unlock the driver door Now when I put my key in the driver door to lock it manually, its very difficult to turn it and doesnt respond. Any suggestions as to what the problem is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Platinum Member

Sounds like you have a bad actuator. Does it screech when you hit the lock button? Mine used to and then it got where it would half way lock. The other 3 would lock but the driver side wouldn't. Drew sent me one for my driver's door and all has been right in the world ever since.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:30 PM

ya I would describe it as a "screech" for sure...it sounds horrible! lol. whats the approx cost on the actuator? and how about installation?
Old 11-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member

I would try and find a used one for a junkyard. Pretty expensive new. Installation is where ever you go to get it installed. It was PITA for me, and ultimately I called the Mazda dealer and they did it for me for $85. Definitely cheaper than other places.

EDIT: Ya it's so loud and annoying. I used to hate to lock my doors. My family would say it sounded like my car was transforming. Megatron... -_-" Kids watched transformers too much...
Old 11-03-2010, 11:12 AM

Thanks! my buddy is pretty good with that type of stuff so I'm sure he'll help me install it~
Old 11-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2000MillyS View Post
Thanks! my buddy is pretty good with that type of stuff so I'm sure he'll help me install it~
Also if you can try an test the actuator and makes sure it locks before you take it. An a quick question, is it your driver's door?
Old 11-03-2010, 12:43 PM

good idea! yes, driver door
Old 11-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Platinum Member

LOL I figured it was, and I think I know why. I remember Drew had mentioned it awhile back, about how when you hit the lock button ALL 4 doors lock at the same time. Well people usually hit the button again on the remote to make the horn beep to let them know the car is locked. I'm guilty of this also. So in turn hitting the button 2x gives a peace of mind hearing the horn beep, but activates the actuators twice, causing them to wear out faster and it's usually the drivers side that gives up first. I can definitely see how that happens.

EDIT: BTW, it was my driver's door also. And BTW seen pics of your millenia. It's really nice. I've always had a soft spot for the black/grey, white/tan, pearl white, and black millenias, along with my ME.

Last edited by ME2000; 11-03-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:54 PM

ya it definitely makes sense! the sound is driving me crazy!! lol.

Thanks for the compliment! I really like your car, the silver looks very clean and classy especially with the chrome wheels!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:58 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks. I do try to keep it clean. Ima amazed at how long silver stays clean. Yup i really like the rims also. If only they where an inch or so bigger. But Its perfectly fine as is.
Advertisement