p1601 - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Gold Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
p1601

anyone had this? ce popped up when going to lunch, we just turned around and got the other car. when i scanned it, i got 1601. fsm has some pinouts to check for continuity/voltage, but i am hoping just unplug/plug, maybe just the connection. perhaps someone else has an easy fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
That's a weird code. I'd try pulling the negative battery terminal for 5 minutes to reset everything.

If that doesn't work, unplug/plug (or at least check) those two big harnesses that click onto the back of the rear intercooler.

Lastly, I'd try unplugging the big pigtail on the computer, inspect for any corrosion or anything, then plugging it back in.

One of those three things probably would fix it. If not, go from there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mazda-fla; 08-09-2012 at 09:27 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Gold Member

fixed. loose positive cable. i am not sure if the cable end is worn, or the post is too small. i always dress the cable end and the post whenever i have the cables off. i also noticed that the starter sounded different the past few times(car dont get driven a lot), and i was thinking the starter was starting to go. also, it took a bit longer to crank. i remember going over a bump, and the ce illuminated. mechanically, these cars seem to be very sound, and most of the problems have all been vacuum or electrical related. so, anyone know how i can slightly increase the size of the battery post?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 11:59 AM
MazdaWorld Member

Lead is so malleable that you could take some thin gauge solder wire and make windings on the post, and then if needed squeeze it down a bit with a suitable pliers. Clamping normally should get a tight fit.

Another possibility is to deform the edge of the post just a bit, once the clamp is already installed and tightened. This should discourage it from slipping off, sort of like peening a bolt over a nut. I'd lightly tap a center punch placed near the very edge of the post, tilted outward toward the clamp, being careful not to transfer to much force to the post so as not to damage the internal connections on the post. You should be able to do this at just one place. It will make a bit of the post project into/onto the clamp.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Gold Member

actually, i found the battery also to be bad. i tried charging it overnite, and it would not hold a charge. had it scanned, came up bad, so i just came back from getting a new one. i generally get the charging system checked every fall, winter is when the batteries like to fail. there is a difference when the car's electrical system is up to par.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Excellent post. Thank you very much!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 10:44 AM

Excellent post. Thank you very much!!
www.comcast customer service
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 06:21 AM

long sought this information, thank you guys for the post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page