P1173 - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
P1173

2000 Mazda Millenia S. I finally resolved my misfiring issues by narrowing it down to a coil that's dying gradually. Now I'm experiencing code P1173 and my car drive sluggish and hesitates. What could be the problem and how do i fix this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Gold Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero2012 View Post
2000 Mazda Millenia S. I finally resolved my misfiring issues by narrowing it down to a coil that's dying gradually. Now I'm experiencing code P1173 and my car drive sluggish and hesitates. What could be the problem and how do i fix this?
heated oxygen sensor, front LH.

this would be the pre cat sensor, front bank. if your bad coil was 2, 4, or 6, then it may have killed the sensor. if the coil was on the back, then ida know
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

yea ken you right, i had a bad coil. i didn't figure it out until i swap the coils and figured all the 3 extra coils i had was bad. So now i only have a code for p1173. can this cause hesistation and slow acceleration? my car acts like it is not getting enough fuel, the car chokes when i floor it and it just don't respond. also i have a bad tensioner pulley bearing, would that cause any performance or driveability issues? Do you know anyone that's selling a coilover or short ram intake for a Millenia S? Thanks for your Input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
yea ken you right, i had a bad coil. i didn't figure it out until i swap the coils and figured all the 3 extra coils i had was bad. So now i only have a code for p1173. can this cause hesistation and slow acceleration? my car acts like it is not getting enough fuel, the car chokes when i floor it and it just don't respond. also i have a bad tensioner pulley bearing, would that cause any performance or driveability issues? Do you know anyone that's selling a coilover or short ram intake for a Millenia S? Thanks for your Input
pretty rare for 3 coils to all be bad. and one bad coil will cause hesitation, but it will throw a code. sounds to me like it aint the coils, esp if there are no misfire codes. maybe bad gas, or fuel pump. i dont think a bad sensor would cause that serious running problems. and i dont care for coilovers or short rams, so no help there
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

yea Ken you right, but how can i confirm it's the Fuel Pump? so far i have replaced vacuum lines with brass Ts, PRC, FPR, Injectors, Spark plugs (NGK 3741), Coils and Fuel filter. I can't remeber when the last owner change the fuel pump. when i drive even i higher RPMs it hesistates and act like it's running out of fuel, and when i floor it the engine just rev and the car doesn't respond. so how do i change the fuel Pump? any write ups?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Help please

Sent from my iPod touch using AG Free
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Help please

Sent from my iPod touch using AG Free
you are asking for help in an area that i have never encountered. however, in order to change the fuel pump, you have to drop the tank. and i would never do that until i was sure it is the pump. you need to spend a LOT more time diagnosing, and if you keep throwing parts at it, the car will eat your lunch. the best way to check the pump is to tap into the fuel line, and the best place for this is right after the filter. then drive the car, floor it, and check output. you will need a fuel pressure gauge for this, dunno if you can rent one, and dunno how much they cost. then you will need to consult the fsm for fuel pressures. or, you can go ahead and change the pump, and hope that is it.
i only know of one other person who had fuel pump problems. he had the pump changed, and iirc, it acted like he had bad injectors
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 01:40 PM

Hello! Very interesting topic, thank you raised it
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 10:56 AM

www.comcast customer service
Hello! Very interesting topic, thank you raised it
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:22 AM

long sought this information, thank you guys for the post, good job!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page