Adjusting the Clutch on my Mazda - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Mazda Newbie

Default Adjusting the Clutch on my Mazda

I was wondering if anyone could help me in adjusting my clutch on my 93 MX6. I just replaced the clutch,master and slave cylinder, and everything is much better. However, I believe I have to adjust the clutch so it engages sooner. The pedal is coming up pretty far before it finally engages. I don't want to burn my new clutch out, so i would like to take care of this. Any instructions or thoughts would greatly help, thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member

I don't have an MX6, so I could be completely wrong, but my manual transmission cars in the past have had a small nut around the master cylinder pushrod underneath the dash that is loosened, then the pushrod is rotated clockwise to lower the engagement point or counterclockwise to raise the engagement point. The service manual likely has a clutch pedal freeplay spec, which is typically about a quarter to half inch or so before resistance is felt in the pedal.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:43 AM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss85monte@hotmail.com View Post
I was wondering if anyone could help me in adjusting my clutch on my 93 MX6. I just replaced the clutch,master and slave cylinder, and everything is much better. However, I believe I have to adjust the clutch so it engages sooner. The pedal is coming up pretty far before it finally engages. I don't want to burn my new clutch out, so i would like to take care of this. Any instructions or thoughts would greatly help, thank you.
I wonder if you change your clutch which have other parts ralated on that will you also change them?
---------------------------------------------
Mark Smith
car dealer:clutch bellcrank felt dealer:car enthusiast:coordinator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement