Adjusting the Clutch on my Mazda - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Adjusting the Clutch on my Mazda

I was wondering if anyone could help me in adjusting my clutch on my 93 MX6. I just replaced the clutch,master and slave cylinder, and everything is much better. However, I believe I have to adjust the clutch so it engages sooner. The pedal is coming up pretty far before it finally engages. I don't want to burn my new clutch out, so i would like to take care of this. Any instructions or thoughts would greatly help, thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member

I don't have an MX6, so I could be completely wrong, but my manual transmission cars in the past have had a small nut around the master cylinder pushrod underneath the dash that is loosened, then the pushrod is rotated clockwise to lower the engagement point or counterclockwise to raise the engagement point. The service manual likely has a clutch pedal freeplay spec, which is typically about a quarter to half inch or so before resistance is felt in the pedal.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 04:43 AM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss85monte@hotmail.com View Post
I was wondering if anyone could help me in adjusting my clutch on my 93 MX6. I just replaced the clutch,master and slave cylinder, and everything is much better. However, I believe I have to adjust the clutch so it engages sooner. The pedal is coming up pretty far before it finally engages. I don't want to burn my new clutch out, so i would like to take care of this. Any instructions or thoughts would greatly help, thank you.
I wonder if you change your clutch which have other parts ralated on that will you also change them?
---------------------------------------------
Mark Smith
car dealer:clutch bellcrank felt dealer:car enthusiast:coordinator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page