Not DPRK

add potentia pics
enjoy~

3star General's car

LED tuned New potentia

See less See more
#2 ·
nice.
id like to find out more about how they do their cars...

#4 ·
Isn't that a kia potentia?

#6 ·
KDM 929 PERFOMANCE

929 KR version.
Not DPRK
[/b]
what do you know about this Kia Potentia ? does it have the 3L or 2L ? what mods are done it it. looks like an open differential to me. do you have any more videos or links to Kia Potentia information ? i have seen some on Bobaedream.

#7 ·
Now that's spooky....I think I have seen that car before in Seoul.

Generally speaking, the Potentias you see in Korea are all stock but before xmas I saw this black Potentia, dark tints, lowered on 17in 5 spoke wheels that had a nice dish to them and IIRC it had an aftermarket muffler too.

Knocked me out to see such a nice example, but the young guy behind the wheel gunned it before I could get my camera out :(

Kishin, is that your own car? If so, I was the chinese guy staring at your car from the sidewalk in Yoido :D

#8 ·
ok so i realize this is your car, what mods have you done to it and do you have any pictures. what motor is under the hood ?

is there any aftermarket parts in Korea availible ?

#9 ·
ok so i realize this is your car, what mods have you done to it and do you have any pictures. what motor is under the hood ?

is there any aftermarket parts in Korea availible ?
[/b]
FE3N 2.0DOHC 5MT / NA Semi tuned / use custom made tuned parts

i will install KIA's JE v6 3.6 dohc engine

see link that's all of the aftermaket parts for potentia

http://www.babomall.com/rd/index.html?pg=s...=k27&mf=kia

#10 ·
i knew that it wasnt the sound of a DOCH V6. It great to have you on here posting. Im really interested in learning more about the 3.6

seems that there is still an aftermarket for the Potentia in Korea. the aero kit is ugly but i see theres a strut bar and even coilovers.

#12 ·
could you please take a pic of the engine bay? im dying to see what these FE DOHC motors look like.

#13 ·
Same motor as in 2L Proteges just turned the other way around. I think about 140HP. I have some pics of this somewhere...

#15 ·
The Potentia is a Mazda HC but in Kia trim. The car was produced from 92.5-97.

Heres the FE3N motor. I know this engine has been turbo'd in other Mazda applications.

#17 ·
There are a few items on the Potentia that are of interest to me. Since it is LHD the faux woodgrain panels will match up. There also seems to be a few models with a rear aero extension lip. The rear taillights & chrome trim seem to look more classy than our USDM models. And we all know those projector headlights are sic.

#18 ·
cheers heaps for posting that 9ine, looks like a pretty good motor actually.

#19 ·
Solid motors from what Ive heard. Maybe the answer to a SR20DET if anyone chooses to invest a chuck of dough...

#21 ·
See what Im sayin, and thats FWD too. Boost this motor and you could crank out easily over 300HP/TQ, sending that to the rear wheels of the HC. If I can recall, this motor was produced to replace the B6T motor production, which is a 1.8L DOHC turbo. My brother had one in his 88' 323 GT (4 dr. FWD) and it was high 14 second car with just over 150HP.

Looks we just discovered another engine option, thanks Kia. Question is, how well does it bolt up to the HC chassis.

402WHP FE3

#22 ·
and heres everything we need to know thanks to MX6.com -

http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?s...;threadid=58099

This is interesting -

"Also you can control the vics operation with a stand alone ecu or an rpm activated switch."

I would really like to know a hell of alot more about this becasue the JE motor has the system.

And this...

"What parts do I use for FE3?
You can use 98 KIA sportage parts, like the water pump, timing belt, head gasket, pistons, etc...
Use F2 oil filter, miata spark plugs or just go to the parts store with the ones that came in the car. As miata sparkplug wires.

What is the performance of the FE3?
The FE3 is just a little faster than the F2T. It revs higher in the rev range but doesn't produce as much tq as F2T. You can expect low 15s runs from a well tuned FE3 and posably 14s if you a good driver.
Also It has been noted that FE3 has a top speed of just over 280kmh or 150mph."

Shit, this motor sounds like fun, 7000RPM redline, 160HP/TQ in the high compression model. The thing is, it will get the job done (As we see in kishin's video). Its just not enough oommmpphh to get the HC up & going fast enough due to the weight, therefore the only option is too boost.

Whats funny is that I remember the black Protege (right hand side of my HC) in the far right pic in my signiture, had a built FE3 motor (they came stock in the Protege GT (90-92 I think).

Kishin - Now that Ive come upon this, Id forget about wasting time/money with a 3.6 swap and go with boost.

#24 ·
been there done that :)

had that motor in my 626, they fun motors, but honestly i don't see it really performing in the 929, if anything the 2.2 motor form 626/mx6 would be better harder torque line.

remember that we have aprox extra 200kg to deal with + center shaft + massive diff

the FE DOHC really comes into itself above 3000rpm and starts to sing at 5000+. now remember my experience is with lighter platform FWD.

Great engine for light platforms through.....

#25 ·
For sure the FE NA motor is a waste of time, I was only speaking of as it if I were to boost it before it turns over for the first time. The high compression FE would be slower than the JE. I think the Fe is similar to what I used to have in my Infiniti (P10), a lightly tuned (150+HP/TQ) SR20DE. I couldnt possibly imagine that sized NA motor tryin to do the job in a 300+ lbs HC.

Gotta boost the FE.

#26 ·
KIA ay? Sportage is AWD.... and its a north-south..... hhhmmm, any one got a spare 9 shell and sportage gear.....

you know, i wouldn't be surprised if the sporatge floor pan is based around 9/MPV

off topic - but what is it i hear about 4WD MPVs, are they still running JE????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.