MPV Automatic Sliding Doors Problem - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2003, 04:51 PM
Mazda Newbie

I have a 2002 MPV with automatic sliding doors on both sides. I have a reoccuring problem where I press the button to close the door and it will close all the way and open up again. The only way to close it is to lean into it and hold it there until it automatically latches. Has anyone else experienced this problem or know of a fix? It only happens preriodically and has never happened while at the dealer for repair. It seems to be worse during the cold winter.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Mazda Newbie

Our problem also happens in the cold weather, but our door will not open completely. We have been to the dealer 2 times, and all they can think of is to replace the fuse. Very Frustrating.

Here is what happens:

Go out to open the door, it starts to open, moving about 1-2 inches. Then it stops and instead of the normal beeps, it turns into a faster shorter beep that only stops when you reset the power door button by the drivers seat. After a while, the door will sometimes work, sometimes it will not.

If anyone else has this issue, please email me as our dealership is stumped.

Tom
tomroyce@mindspring.com
Old 01-26-2004, 03:57 PM
Mazda Newbie

I have had the same problem. When I press the button to close the door it will almost close and then reopen on it's own. It drives me crazy! I have two very small children and when this happens, it is usually when I've just unloaded them and they are walking down the street while I have to run back to the driver side of the van to press the manual button and then close the doors manually. It's a downright safety hazard. I was hoping to find out what I need to do to fix it. If anyone knows please tell me. Until then, I will disable the automatic doors. By the way, the automatic doors are one of the main reasons why I bought this van.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:45 AM
Mazda Newbie

Until you can fix a fix for the sliding door ills please don't try and physically overpower the door to close it; turn off the door power switch and close it manually. Leaning on the door to override will soon burn out the motor!
Old 02-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Mazda Newbie

We finally got the problem fixed. What has seemed to have happenned is the the board which manages the side doors was originally designed for 1 door. That board is failing when both doors are used at the same time. We got the board replaced two weeks ago and it is working like a champ.

Tom
Old 02-22-2004, 06:58 PM
Mazda Newbie

Glad to hear everything worked out OK, but why was your van equiped with a one door board and two operating doors? Factory error or retro-fit?
Old 07-02-2004, 04:55 PM
Mazda Newbie

We had the same problem. Pushed the button for the sliding door and it would come back open. Dealer tried to 'adjust' the strikes (twice), but eventually replaced the entire motor for the door. Then the freakin' door started collecting water in the well below the step plate. Two weatherseal's later, it hasn't leaked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement