2nd Gen Rx-7 (FC) - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Mazda Newbie

Hey guys, I was thinking of maybe gettting myself an FC, I think theyre 87-90... But anyway, Ive been reading around here and you guys say that rotary is high maintenance. How much work are we talking about here?? I usually work on Hondas and Acuras. I was also wondering if people do swaps into these, like with hondas or nissan and if so whats a good swap??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Mazda Newbie

fc = 86-91. I would suggest getting a n/a for a first rx7 as these seem to be less problematic then turbo models. In terms of maintenance, they are higher than that of hondas and acuras, but if the car is taken care of, and regular maintenance was done, then it shouldn't be too problematic. I have had my 88 n/a for 4 years, and have yet to run into any big problems(knock on wood). As for engine swaps, the most popular seem to be a v8 swap( ), 13b-re swap(from the japanese eunos cosmo) and the big daddy 3 rotor 20b swap.
Just try and hold out for an rx7 that seems to be taken car of. (i was looking for about 6 months before i found one that was in good shape) good luck.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Mazda Newbie

Parts like spark plugs, etc seem to be a little pricy. If taken care of though a NA rotary is quite inexpensive maintaince wise. Turbos need a lot more care and don't last as long. The 12A powered 1st gens seem to be the most robust if you can find one in your area that is rust free still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement