Originally posted by bstreep
@Oct 28 2004, 10:15 AM
While I keep my seat belt buckled MOST of the time - I really don't need this stupid warning going off when I'm driving at 10 mph on the ranch roads, or when backing a trailer into the water.* Anyone know how to disable this?*
I just disable my seat belt buzzer for the 2005 Tribute. Here is the instructions.
1. set the parking brake
2. gearshift is in park
3. ignition switch is off
4. driver and passenger seat belts are unbuckled.
5. turn ignition switch to run or on (it is the position before you start the engine, do not start the engine)
6. wait for seat belt warning light to turn off (approx 1 min)
7. once the seat belt light is turn off immediatly buckle and unbuckle the seat belt 9 times ending in the unbuckle state (you have 50 seconds to complete this)
8. after the 9th time the seat belt light will go off and the airbag light will turn on. once the airbag light turn on, buckle and unbuckle the seat belt 1 more time (you have 10 seconds to complete this)
9. the airbag light will flash several times and turn off. this is your confirmation that you have successfully disable the seat belt buzzer
10. you will have to do the same for the passanger if you want to disable the passanger side.