Disable seat belt buzzer? - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Mazda Newbie

While I keep my seat belt buckled MOST of the time - I really don't need this stupid warning going off when I'm driving at 10 mph on the ranch roads, or when backing a trailer into the water. Anyone know how to disable this?

TIA,

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2004, 11:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to zmarko

What year/model is your car? I have an '01 LX and I don't have an audible buzzer when my seat belt is unfastened. Just a visual "idiot light" on the gauge cluster.

'01 Mazda Tribute 4WD
'95 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Old 10-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Gold Member

Send a message via AIM to beinkken

Quote:
Originally posted by bstreep@Oct 28 2004, 10:15 AM
While I keep my seat belt buckled MOST of the time - I really don't need this stupid warning going off when I'm driving at 10 mph on the ranch roads, or when backing a trailer into the water.* Anyone know how to disable this?*

TIA,

Bill
[snapback]211573[/snapback]

Your dealer should do it for you. It depends where you are though. In the manual it will probably say that it can be disabled by a qualified mazda person. There are some reasons why people have them disabled. And that means everyone is allowed. For example some people are physically too large to use a seatbelt. Or you are going to use your car as a taxi, in which case you do not need to wear a seatbelt, or a professional courier. So in order to let some people get away with it I believe they have to allow everyone to get away with it. I'm sure if you take it to the dealer they will do it no questions asked.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member

i used to valet when i was an undergrad, and i used to hate fords that did that. you obviously know that you arent wearing your seatbelt, and you dont need ford to remind you repeatedly. perhaps ford should make it do the charm only once. after that, the chiming should shut in the **** up
Old 07-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by bstreep@Oct 28 2004, 10:15 AM
While I keep my seat belt buckled MOST of the time - I really don't need this stupid warning going off when I'm driving at 10 mph on the ranch roads, or when backing a trailer into the water.* Anyone know how to disable this?*

TIA,

Bill
[snapback]211573[/snapback]
I just disable my seat belt buzzer for the 2005 Tribute. Here is the instructions.

1. set the parking brake
2. gearshift is in park
3. ignition switch is off
4. driver and passenger seat belts are unbuckled.
5. turn ignition switch to run or on (it is the position before you start the engine, do not start the engine)
6. wait for seat belt warning light to turn off (approx 1 min)
7. once the seat belt light is turn off immediatly buckle and unbuckle the seat belt 9 times ending in the unbuckle state (you have 50 seconds to complete this)
8. after the 9th time the seat belt light will go off and the airbag light will turn on. once the airbag light turn on, buckle and unbuckle the seat belt 1 more time (you have 10 seconds to complete this)
9. the airbag light will flash several times and turn off. this is your confirmation that you have successfully disable the seat belt buzzer
10. you will have to do the same for the passanger if you want to disable the passanger side.

Old 07-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Mazda Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Brent_R

Quote:
I just disable my seat belt buzzer for the 2005 Tribute. Here is the instructions.

1. set the parking brake
2. gearshift is in park
3. ignition switch is off
4. driver and passenger seat belts are unbuckled.
5. turn ignition switch to run or on (it is the position before you start the engine, do not start the engine)
6. wait for seat belt warning light to turn off (approx 1 min)
7. once the seat belt light is turn off immediatly buckle and unbuckle the seat belt 9 times ending in the unbuckle state (you have 50 seconds to complete this)
8. after the 9th time the seat belt light will go off and the airbag light will turn on. once the airbag light turn on, buckle and unbuckle the seat belt 1 more time (you have 10 seconds to complete this)
9. the airbag light will flash several times and turn off. this is your confirmation that you have successfully disable the seat belt buzzer
10. you will have to do the same for the passanger if you want to disable the passanger side.
[/b]

Hey I have an japanese built right hand drive trib and i'm not sure if its the same with your american tribs but when i have any door open with the keys in the ignition it makes this horrible beeping noise. I want to kno how to disable the buzzer. Should the instructions that you've said above disable this aswell?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement