Mazda Tribute 2004- nothing but problems- PLEASE READ DONT BUY A MAZDA - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Mazda Newbie

This is my third mazda that I have purchased and the last one I will ever purchase. I bought my Tribute in Sept 2004 and have had nothing but problems. Thermostat sticks but according to dealership all of them do, clunking noise when going from park to reverse, faulty airbag, tons of brake dust on all tires, loose trim that needed to be replaced, accerlator cable recall, rear hatch problems, tons of rattles and clunks. I have had my Tribute in 8 times for doors and windows that leak and it is still not fixed. Also in one year of owning my vehicle I have had it in 34 times for problems. I am now working with a lawyer because Mazda feels that leaking windows are just an "inconvienience" and that it does not affect resale value or safety of the car. Here is my question to Mazda regarding safety- my vehicle is so loud that when someone is in the backseat you cannot hear them talking. Lets say one of my children started choking and I couldnt hear them- wouldnt that be a safety issue? I worked through their mediation deparment requesting a replacement vehicle and they told me to go back to the dealer for repair. Mazdas customer care is terrible and I would not reccomend any of their vehicles to anyone. They dont care about their customers they just care about their sales!!! Once my vehicle is bought back under the lemon law I am buying from another manufacturer. Do yourself a favor dont even consider Mazda when purchasing a new vehicle- you will regret it.

Jason Reed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to michaeltroysmith Send a message via MSN to michaeltroysmith

If you buy a Ford with a Mazda skin, you still get a Ford. Research, research, research. My first clue would have been the fact that Mazda would not put their own warranty on it but maintained the Ford warranty.... If it is made domestically, you're lucky if you don't have problems, the unions run the plants not Quality Assurance.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Platinum Member

Send a message via MSN to Troutman

The Japanese version of this car (sold as both Ford and Mazda in Australia) has none of these issues. In future it would be worth doing research into reliability ratings and feedback reviews.

The worst problem I heard with the non-Jap version was a recall because the steering wheel could come off in the driver's hands.

| Troutgallery <))))))>< LED Bulbs |
roofadoofalus: he calls it a ***** and proceeds to make 300 posts on MW
j-allan: Thou must disguise thine evil deeds under a cloak of submission. Once the alarms have silenced, the evil fish can swim uninhibited throughout the vast ocean, leaving a trail of destruction behind him.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to michaeltroysmith Send a message via MSN to michaeltroysmith

I have heard of airbags going off when the front tow hook bangs a curb....that is ******, and it was 90s Subarus built in Indiana.... pride in craftmanship.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member

Most concerning

j-allan: Thou must disguise thine evil deeds under a cloak of submission. Once the alarms have silenced, the evil fish can swim uninhibited throughout the vast ocean, leaving a trail of destruction behind him.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:41 AM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
If you buy a Ford with a Mazda skin, you still get a Ford. Research, research, research. My first clue would have been the fact that Mazda would not put their own warranty on it but maintained the Ford warranty.... If it is made domestically, you're lucky if you don't have problems, the unions run the plants not Quality Assurance.
[/b]
Mazda warrants the vehicle for longer than Ford does.
No major problems with my 03 or my 01 (except the stalling recall on the 01)
Old 12-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Banned

Here in Canada, at least, when the Tribs hit the market they carried the shitty 3 yr 60,000kms warranty from Ford. As did the B Series. Meanwhile the cars all came with the Mazda 5yr 100,000 km one. So maybe it is different elsewhere, but that fact told me that there might be a problem.....
Old 12-28-2005, 03:56 AM
Platinum Member

JD Power Auto is a very important stop before buying, or for that matter before dismissing an entire brand. Here is how the Tribute compares to a regular Jap car:

Old 01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
[/b]
dead on.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
dead on.
[/b]
Except that Mazda does warrant it, not Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement