Mazda B3000 tow capacity 3.0L V6 - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Mazda Newbie

I'm looking at buying a truck to tow a small enclosed trailer for Kart racing. My RX8 won't pull anything so that isn't an option. Right now we're using my wifes 05 Tribute and it works great except that she doesn't like the idea of using her SUV all the time. I'm looking for an extra vehicle to use for work and to get me thru the harsh New England winters and still be able to tow a small trailer. My trailer is a small 6x10' enclosed trailer weight 1000 lbs. I have to race karts (500lbs total) and other equip. prob. totalling 2000lbs. The question I have is I've looked online to find the tow capacity of the 3.0 L motor and it is only rated at about 2400lbs. Would I be too close for this to even consider or is the 2400 lb. capacity a "safe" capacity and the true weight is around 3000 lbs???

Has anyone towed anything with the 3.0 L motor and if so how was it?

Thanks in advance,

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Mazda Newbie

After rereading my previous post I was typing to quickly and I have two not to karts. Also, the weight of the trailer with all of our gear is 2000 lbs. total.

Thanks,
Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement