B2300 vs. Ranger - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Mazda Newbie

Are these two trucks the same? I was thinking about getting the 2006 B2300. Are the beds identical.. ie.. can I interchange the tailights between lets say a 2005 Ranger and the 2006 B2300?

Also, do you think the regular cab B2300 with the 4 cylinder is plenty for everyday moving and some light hauling such as Home depot runs, dump runs, moving a house load of stuff to a new house?

Also, how is the 2.3 as far as reliability? I seem to hear lots of good stuff about these trucks, How much of it is true?

Thanks from a newbie!

pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Gold Member

Ok, I amy not be the best expert on the subject, but since 1994, the mazda trucks are ford rangers. The body panels are often different, so the lights may or may not interchange. As far as reliability, the 2.3 motor has been around since the late 70's, and is considered to be a very reliable engine. These trucks, to be quite honest, are excellent trucks for most people. Seems most people who own personal trucks, get trucks that are larger than they need. A truck should do truck work, and if all you do is light duty errands, and occasionally something larger, a compact truck like your ranger is perfect. You get maximum economy coupled with lower maintenance costs, and lower initial costs. Let the yuppies drive their full sized trucks, they only use them to boost their egos, and maybe tow their boat once or twice a year. Their trucks may never see any real "truck work". As far as I am concerned, a light truck is more truck than most people need. My Mazda B2600i has hauled over 2,200 lbs for short distances before, and once hauled a 1,700 lbs load in the bed over a 500 mile distance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement