b2200 v8 conversions..... - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Mazda Newbie

i have an 90 b2200 with 110k on the odometer original miles. a friend of mine gave me a ford 302 with auto tranny with shift kit as well as a limited slip rearend. i have been searching all over the internet for info regarding this swap. i have heard stories and seen a few in person but when i need the info now... i cant find anything on it. if anyone has done this swap or knows of a web link that details the swap please let me know. i also have a very nice 902wd bed and 2wd fenders for sale (i bought 4x4 bed and fenders and swapped them out.) im in jacksonville, florida. if any one has info it would be greatly appreciated. thanks
jeremy
88 b2200 with shaved everything candy paint hydros and suicide tailgate
90 b2200 with shaved doors,tailgate handle,slammed on 20's..fixing to be on 22s and bagged...hopefully with a ford 302v8 in the front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2007, 03:32 AM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
i have an 90 b2200 with 110k on the odometer original miles. a friend of mine gave me a ford 302 with auto tranny with shift kit as well as a limited slip rearend. i have been searching all over the internet for info regarding this swap. i have heard stories and seen a few in person but when i need the info now... i cant find anything on it. if anyone has done this swap or knows of a web link that details the swap please let me know. i also have a very nice 902wd bed and 2wd fenders for sale (i bought 4x4 bed and fenders and swapped them out.) im in jacksonville, florida. if any one has info it would be greatly appreciated. thanks
jeremy
90 b2200 with shaved doors,tailgate handle,slammed on 20's..fixing to be on 22s and bagged...hopefully with a ford 302v8 in the front.[/b]
Im in the same position as you, I just bought a 89 Mazda b2200 bagged and boddy dropped 3" and the motor went. Now i bought a 302 ford small block with a C4 automatic transmission and a ford 9" rear end and I cannot find any information on how to do the swap. I no that Ultimate Customs in Ontario Canada did a 5.0L swap in Aprils addition of Mini Truckin, but that was 3 years ago.. I cannot get into contact with Ultimate Customs at all. If you get any information please post it I need to get my truck runnin!

Thanks
Old 05-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Gold Member

If you have the engine and tranny, then you need to fabricate custom engine mounts, and may need to cut away any sheet metal that prevents the engine from going where it needs to. A lot of this consists of fabrication. If you are good at welding and know how to use a torch, there really shouldn't be much involved. I have never done this myself, but I'm sure its just a matter of finding or building the right parts. When you finish this, please post what was involved, so the rest of us will know.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Mazda Newbie

what about tranmission mounts? I bought my truck when it had a 3.8L buick V6 and a TH350 tranny or a T200 Im not 100%, Im not thinking the transmission mount that was used is OEM so im hoping i dont have to do anything with the currently tranny mount.. Im also told that the ford 302 MIGHT bolt up to the 3.8 buick motor mounts or maybe even slight modification.

Any info on the net would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Gold Member

This is fairly possible, and if you can find this kind of info that would be great. However, most people who do these things keep their secrets secret. If you can get in touch with them, that is great, but getting a responce is the hard part.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Mazda Newbie

i dont have much to say other than you'll need a custom driveshaft, im planning on puting a 305 in my truck eventually and keeping it 5 spd.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Silver Member

Most B2200 I come across have small block chevys and I came across one with a 13b. Try Mazdabscene.com.
Eclipse 5 1/4 seperates up front.
Eclipse 6 x 9 's out back.
2 12" Kicker XPL's in a sealed box.
2 Cerwin Vega 2 channel amps :
amps bridged at 350 watts each.
LED lights in the turn signals and brake lights.
Custom mounted 32 LED panel in the 3rd brake light.
Blue LED lights in the interior.
5% limo on side windows and 35% on rear window (will be going to 5% soon).
Avistart 4300 remote start alarm.
8000K HID Headlights.

Coming soon: Drop springs , CD rotors , Headers , Custom exhaust , CAI and some new carpet. Oh and more LED's
Old 02-17-2011, 01:36 AM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioinmotioninc View Post
jeremy
90 b2200 with shaved doors,tailgate handle,slammed on 20's..fixing to be on 22s and bagged...hopefully with a ford 302v8 in the front.

Maybe i can help you with your problem i can find one if you want to swap some of your car parts and i also have the tailgate handle it also have the
tailgate handle cover if you want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement