Turn fan speed up, A/C turns off! - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Mazda Newbie

My teenage son has a 1987 Mazda B2000 pickup. It recently developed a problem with the A/C. Starting at the fan speed in the off position and the A/C dash buton pushed "On": turn the fan speed up 1 notch. A/C compressor turns on, but fan doesn't run. Turn fan speed up to the next notch, AC compressor still on, still no fan. Turn fan speed up one more notch, fan comes on but A/C compressor turns OFF! Turn up one more notch (high speed), fan runs but A/C is still off. I replaced the fan speed controller switch (the switch attached to the dash knob) but it still does the exact same thing...so I'm assuming the problem isn't in fan speed switch. What else could make the fan not run on 2 notches, and the A/C not run on 2 notches??? Any help anyone could give would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Mazda Newbie

BUMP! I could use some help on this matter as well as mine does the same kinda!
Old 06-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
BUMP! I could use some help on this matter as well as mine does the same kinda![/b]

I posted this question a while back and got an answer from another user. I followed thier advice, and it worked. A/C works fine again. ....It was a bad blower motor resistor. Got a new one and installed it myself, and everything's fine again. A word of advice- I tried to purchase the part from 3 local parts stores (chains), and all 3 had to order the part (aftermarket part), and when it arrived all 3 gave me the wrong part. I ended up going to the Mazda dealership and they were able to get me the right part...but for $50 instead of the $25 at local parts stores. Oh well, $50 was worth it to get the AC going again! Good luck!
Old 07-31-2008, 06:52 AM
Mazda Newbie

Blower Motor Resistor for sure, it sits behind the glove box (you must remove it) on top of the fan housing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement