1990 b2600 code reading problems - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Mazda Newbie

Default 1990 b2600 code reading problems

I just got a 1990 b2600, and the check engine light has been on since i got the truck. I believe it may be the O2 sensor, but not 100% sure. I've tried everything I have read about reading the codes. From what I have read, you find the single green connector in the wires coming out by the passenger side firewall, and ground it. Then turn the key on and read the blinking engine light. But the engine light doesn't blink. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Gold Member

Yup, the ECU in the Mazdas has almost no self diagnostic capability. In the 515,000 miles I had my Mazda, it never ever had a code.

The light however will come on every 60,000 operating hours, then again at 20,000 hours after that. This a maintenance reminded light to get you to bring the vehicle in for service.

Under the dash, near the fender, you will find a single connector and 2 different wires it can be plugged in to. I believe one is white, the other is green. Whatever the color, you unplug the wire from the one its in now, then plug it into the other. That resets the maintenance light until its next cycle completes. Your light should now be off. I do recommend that you do perform the scheduled maintenance, or at least inspect all that the manual recommends inspecting.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Mazda Newbie

Thanks, I switched the connections and now my light is off. Still smells like its burning pretty rich, so I've gotta get to the bottom of that. I'll start with the 02 sensor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement