94 B4000 front end noise - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Mazda Newbie

Default 94 B4000 front end noise

I have a 94 B4000 4.0 5 speed 4x4 that makes a grinding/whirring noise when it is in 2 wheel drive. Im not sure if the noise is coming from the center of the truck, or the front end (cant tell which side). When I engage the truck in 4X4 the noise goes away. I have no idea what the problem is. It has automatic locking hubs. This may not be related, but the ABS light is also on and sometimes when I step on the brakes, I feel a crunching in the brake pedal, as I'm coming to a stop. Does anyone have any idea what the noise could be?? It sounds very bad and its loud. Ive taken off both front wheels and didn't find anything wrong...the wheel bearings feel tight. Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Mazda Newbie

I found a solution to getting rid of the noise...shut off the 4x4 button (from a complete stop) and then go in reverse until you hear it click out of 4 wheel drive. Every time I hear the noise, I stop put it in reverse and go backwards a ways, and it goes away. Sometimes you have to stop and do this several times before the noise completely goes away. The 4x4 is not fully disengaging and thats when I get the noise. Not sure if I need new hubs or what. I dont like the automatic hubs at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement