Mazda World Forum banner

07 Mazda 5 - transmission random issues

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  harvey bate 
#1 ·
Hi everybody. I need some help! I have searched everywhere, even took my 07 Mazda 5 to a transmission shop who had it for 4 hours and still couldn't find the issue.

The problem is, whenever I drive the 5 for about 15 minutes or so, the transmission goes into lip mode (sticks in 3rd gear). Before then, then transmission shifts very smoothly with no issues what so ever. It also throws codes, all of which show all solenoids in the transmission failing. This doesn't make any sense, since 15 minutes before it was shifting and driving just fine. If I shut the car off, let it sit for let's say 1/2 an hour, it goes back to driving just fine again. Everything I have read points to the TCM, which on the 07' 5, I believe is built into the ECM. I would like to know if anyone has seen this issue. I think replacing the ECM would correct the issue. Anyone have this issue before?

I would love to fix this as everything else on the car is in perfect condition.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.