Mazda World Forum banner

Yep, I bought a 2015 CX-9 GT

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  alfred1976 
#1 ·
Oh, I know, I know "You should have waited for the new 2017 model" but I bought my 3rd CX-9 GT, a 2009, a 2011, and now a 2015. All White. I just like this platform, the seats fit my tall, long torso body, I like the handling. So, back off already :wink:

We bought my wife a 2016 CX-5 GT a few months ago and she loves it, but the seats don't have enough adjustment for my body, so I went with another of the same platform.

That said, though, my new car has a lot of changes from the 2011. I have the Tech Package 1 so I finally got a sunroof. I passed on the option in the past because I lost too much headroom. This car has plenty of headroom with the sunroof. I really like the new radio, entertainment center, and navigation too. The old navigation was unusable to me, so I used my iPhone 6. This one, powered by TomTom is a huge improvement.

I did something weird by having the dealership swap my wheels and tires from my 2011 with the new one so I kept my aftermarket wheels and Yokohama tires...I have written bad reviews of the Bridgestone's that come on the car.

So, we are a 4 Mazda family now (my CX-9, my wife's CX-5, daughter's Mazda 6 Touring and son's Mazdaspeed 3.

See less See more
#3 ·
I can't believe the 2015 fits you better. I always thought that body style CX-9 didn't fit me properly. I am 6'4 and all upper torso with short legs and my head hit the ceiling, even with the seat adjusted all the way down.

I just recently purchased the 2016 and I fell in love with it instantly because it's the first car I have ever sat in that I fit in and my head still has about an extra 4-inches of space and that's including the moonroof.

I've driven CX-5's for the last year as my dealer car and always had to deal with my head rubbing unless I leaned back far enough. Even the Tahoe/Suburban I had a hard time sitting in.

I'm quite impressed with the 2016 overall, but the 2015's weren't bad vehicles at all. They're just completely different vehicles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.