Project LUCE for me - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 05:58 AM
Silver Member

Well, as many of you know i was in search of a luce, the search is now over and i got a new one

its rough, but has less kays then mine and in one peace and the interior is almost brand new (double floor mats too)

I call it Mars Bar :P

i'm sure that the car has never been washed.... had moss growing our of the boot lid gap (and the gap was full of dirt... it was flush with the panels)

now the work begins....

* turbo gasket
* Timing belt, pulleys, watterpump
* Fluids (duh)
* all Alloy Heater Core
* Steering rack
* Suspension bits
* transplant the heater system from the old one (this one does not have rear vents or Auto button )

i'm sure that list will balloon like crazy soon - open for suggestions

the old one

Old 11-28-2007, 06:36 AM
Silver Member

Nice, great project car. Im guessing its the 2L turbo like the old one? Does it go?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Silver Member

yeah, its a turbo one as well

it goes, not bad either, but has massive exhaust leak and boost leak...
Old 11-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Silver Member

looks good man.. welcome to my world now haha.. they are a prick of a car to work on. if you need any help gimme a shout.
sorry to see your old luce in that state mate disregard my question in my PM

- Datsun 1600, 110rwkw Hot L20B, 75 Wade cam, ported, polished, balanced, bigger valves, close ratio 5 speed, 4.11 locker. 13.8 sec 1/4 mile

- Mazda HC 1990 929 V6 JFT Turbo conversion, Torsen LSD, Tein HR Coilovers, 17 inch Racing Harts, Front mount intercooler.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Silver Member

nice find if it is a genuine JFT luce.

2 things ive picked already at a glance

1. 929 boot badge????? pic of genuine LFT luce boot

2. no intercooler scoop on the passenger side of the front bar (bit hard to see in this pic but look below passenger indicator on front bar)

I know they are bolt on items so what prefix does the chassis start with??

its definetly between 89 to 91 from the looks of it.

same colour as the genuine JFT Luce i sold to nitros13, which is where the pics above came from.

not having a go just want to know for certain its a genuine Luce as ive made it a bit of a mission to try and keep track of all Luce as best as possible in aus ..

WANA TAKE IT TO THE TRACK ---> http://www.renew.asn.au/
Old 11-29-2007, 02:47 AM
Silver Member

i would say it is a genuine luce. some knob must have relpaced the boot badge and front bumper. would be good to see the chassis number tho.

- Datsun 1600, 110rwkw Hot L20B, 75 Wade cam, ported, polished, balanced, bigger valves, close ratio 5 speed, 4.11 locker. 13.8 sec 1/4 mile

- Mazda HC 1990 929 V6 JFT Turbo conversion, Torsen LSD, Tein HR Coilovers, 17 inch Racing Harts, Front mount intercooler.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:53 AM
Silver Member

its complied by the same mob that did my old one, and they are known to silicone (as holes don't line up) the 929 badges to the boot ( i still have badging from my old one, including the rare Efini badge)

the real distinguishing points of the import:

Color
Short bars
Interior (its Velur but the shape of the leather option Hardtop HC in Australia (sedans had basic seats wrapped in leather)) also the color, its dark brown never was available in Oz.
Speedometer
folding mirrors
the weather shields (as far as i know they were never offered in Australia)
Foglights (on Australian it is high beam)
Limited badge (as it actually mounts through the pegs)
Corner Guides
Boot Lid Hide away lock

the vent, it is possible that the car had bar replaced in its 20 year life (gives good reason to move away from factory weak cooler)

this is 88, cross over model, so it has late taillights and early color, has early fabric interior, late seats

the original owner of this car really hated ticking boxes, as this thing is as basic as Limited could be bought

compare to my old one, no electric drivers seat, no 'star wars' dash, no rear vents, no Auto option on Climate, no moving vents

but it is nothing that cannot be transfered (except electric seat.... long gone )

Old 11-29-2007, 03:55 AM
Silver Member

BTW the VIN is HCFS2xxxxxx

Motor is FS (the neck of the plenum is different), the code on the airflow is different to Oz, and always favorite boost cut light on the dash
Old 11-29-2007, 04:32 AM
Silver Member

so is it a series 2 or one? looks good tho.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:38 AM
Silver Member

its in between :P

but its more one then two