Mazda World Forum banner

Powdercoating anybody?

16K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  dellayao 
#1 ·
Hey, who is interested in getting together and having a big ol' pile of stuff sent to a powedercoater to have done up?

If so, post up what you want to get powdercoated and who you are so I can get a good estimate of the volume of work we can try and get a discount based on...

I'll keep this top thread updated with people / parts so we can keep it organized... so keep checking back and adding parts to powedercoat!

Also, if you have any suggestions of possible vendors / companies to do this, post in here as well and when we get a substantial amount of people that want in on this I'll start callin around and trying to get us some good prices..

(info pertaining to MW:)

I am located in SC. the majority of the people participating in this are located in NC, GA, SC. I have a list going on another board with 7/8 people all wanting to powdercoat items. If you are interested, let me know and I'll be sure to get back when i get the prices...

(MW Mods: This is not an advertisment. i am not affiliated with ANY powdercoaters / bodyshops / etc (if i were, i'd have REALLY good prices and not need to do this haha) we know, don't worry

See less See more
#6 ·
It has to be metal, carry a current, survive sandblasting, and withstand 300degrees (I think) without warping.

#7 ·
i would love to do the inside of my rims black.... keep the studs chrome.. but i think thats pretty expensive, plus i gotta take them apart and everything... oh yeh... i dunt have money either

#8 ·
Originally posted by excluesiveonez@Nov 1 2004, 10:39 PM
i would love to do the inside of my rims black.... keep the studs chrome.. but i think thats pretty expensive, plus i gotta take them apart and everything... oh yeh... i dunt have money either
[snapback]214092[/snapback]​
that's a bummer

#16 ·
Originally posted by ShadowSE@Nov 24 2004, 04:45 PM
2.3 has the same valve covers as a 2.5

Yes, but the valve covers for the 2.3 are burried under plastic covers, intercoolers, hoses, and wires. You can't see them burried under all that stuff. So it would be a waste of money powder coating them when you won't be able to see them anyway.

On the 2.5, the valve covers (especially the front one) are in plain view, and would visually benefit from powdercoating.

#19 ·
Since Shadow has unfortunately gone, and I do have a great place that does powdercoating relatively close (and very cheap), I'll take his place on this one. If anyone has something they want coated let me know and I'll get you an estimate on cost. But to give an idea: calipers $58 for all 4, $64 for a wheel, and about $50 for valve covers. The only reason the valve covers were so much is that they ship them out of house to have chemically cleaned first. They do this with anything engine related where sand could get in the engine. I'll post pics of my valve covers Tuesday/Wednesday night, after I pick them up.

Finally, the 2.3 and 2.5 have different valve covers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.