Upgrading speakers in my Mazda6 '04 - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Mazda Newbie

Thumbs up

2004 Mazda6 Hatchback (Stock single cd player/non bose)
I want to add 4 new speakers to my 6, but had a couple questions first.
Will I see an improvement in sound by just adding the speakers to the stock reciever setup, or will the speakers I chose below, be too "overkill"
Anyone know the specs of the stock reciever?

I just want good sound. I'm not a punk that listens to that Crap Rap Bass thumpin' BS, I just want good sound, get it?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-S76Z2RrIZRZ/c...=400&cc=01&sl=D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member

explain what you think by crap rap? i hope you arent a panzy blink fan or someone whose dick gets hard over john mayer
Old 04-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to malice4you Send a message via Yahoo to malice4you

speakers will be better than stock, and will sound better than stock on a stock head unit, but to really get the best sound you'll want an aftermarket head unit. you might also want an 8" or 10" sub to get more full sound without it being too thumpy

S[/b]
Old 04-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Mazda Newbie

roofadoofalus---- As for CRAP RAP....... I have neighbors that play that SHITE all the time! (I'm dealing with them through the cops, neighbors & the development I live in) They and thier friends come 24/7 blaring that Crap at 2-3 in the morning. Car alarms going off every 5min, loud noise etc!!!!! I'm done! Me and 20+ others are going to have thier a**es gone soon and they don't even know it yet. **LMAO** I do feel sorry that thier 2 babies have to listen to that crap though. BAAAAAAAD PARENTS!
As for my music, it does'nt matter does it? As you'd just make fun of anything I posted, right? It's just a mix 70's-present. I just hate that blaring thumping crap and that's all you hear. Why listen to that BS?

malice4you---- Thanks, will be upgrading soon

Old 05-05-2005, 01:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to rnick02

I would suggest that instead of replacing the speakers in your mazda, that you replace the deck first, you would hear a great improvement by doing it in this order. After this is done, then, if your still not happy with the sound, replace the speakers. I am sure that you would be very surprised by what a new deck will do to the existing stock speakers.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Platinum Member

Send a message via MSN to Duncan Send a message via Yahoo to Duncan

Quote:
Originally posted by roofadoofalus@Apr 21 2005, 08:21 PM
explain what you think by crap rap?* i hope you arent a panzy blink fan or someone whose dick gets hard over john mayer
[snapback]266215[/snapback]
Roof - can it, or take a day off.

And Cor, please keep your own thread on topic, if you would be so kind.

Debates over musical preference are certainly welcome in the Lounge...
Old 06-08-2005, 03:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to westtex

you could be impressed by amping stockers, esp if on a budget! cause if your gonna do speakers, you might as well get badass ones!just my opinion

just remember the power isn't what blows speakers, its distortion. and heat on the coils

If you buy speakers and try to turn the volume up too much, you'll fry those new speakers. May take time, but distortion is bad!

02 Milly S
Old 07-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by westtex@Jun 8 2005, 03:55 PM
you could be impressed by amping stockers, esp if on a budget! cause if your gonna do speakers, you might as well get badass ones!just my opinion
just remember the power isn't what blows speakers, its distortion. and heat on the coils
If you buy speakers and try to turn the volume up too much, you'll fry those new speakers.* May take time, but distortion is bad!
[snapback]278159[/snapback]

You just have to remember though, I'm no Punk. I don't listen to that thumping crap and will never turn the Bass all the way up & the Treble all the way down as I like to understand what I listen to and not just try to show off to my friends that my car is whipped like the bumblebee it tries to imitate.
I just want all around decent speakers for a broad range of music.

Will these speakers suffice? Any other recommendations will be appreciated.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-S76Z2RrIZRZ/c...=400&cc=01&sl=D

Also, what do I need to know to install these? Removing factory speaker grilles, etc? Knowing how they're attached would make them so much easier to remove
As for the wires, I know what to do there. Negative Red to Black with White stripe **LOL**

Just need to know basics on assembly/disassembly to get old speaker out and new speaker in.
No DISASSEMBLE JOHNNY 5!....... Johnny 5 ALIVE!
Wheeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 07-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Platinum Member

if you are looking for sound quality then you should look into components... that would be a good place to start. as for bass, you can add a 10-12" sub to get the lower bass notes better than stock speakers, it doesnt have to be loud... I would also consider sound deadening your car, this will increase the speakers output by reducing cancellation and unwanted road noise.

My CarDomain Page

RIP MILLY
Old 09-25-2010, 07:23 AM
Mazda Newbie

Default ok here's what you want

Music tastes aside: please realize you either need to buy a Metra dash kit (which I JUST bought and is EASY to install but QUITE pricey at $170) or you need to buy a line output converter (or hope your factory head unit has preouts from it which I doubt it does). You are looking at either buying the kit and a head unit or buying a preout converter. Either way you will get a better sound out of adding aftermarket speakers that's for sure, same with upgrading your head unit to existing speakers in your car.

I spent $580 on a head unit, a 4 channel Hi-Fonics amp, a pair of 6"x8"s and a 6.5" component set. Realize if you are only worried about yourself you can go with a head unit and a set of components. I, however, wouldn't recommend running comps off of a head unit. I suggest amping them. At least a nice 2 channel amp thatn you can find for about $150 or so. Remember you get what you pay for.

As an update I popped a set of dual voice coil 8" subs in my doors (with some work) and ran those off of channel 1/2 of my amp (getting almost 175 watts apiece) and then I ran my comp set and my 6"x8"s off the 3/4 channel of my amp and it sounds SUPER good. I threw a sheet of dynamat behind each speaker to help with the road noise and the resonance. Keep in mind you have to PAY for better sound no matter what.

This is a temporary setup for now but I plan on adding an upgraded alternator and a few batteries. Adding a 12" sub and a 3k watt amp as well. Using a ported box tuned to 35 hz for that nice kick drum. Just because it booms doesn't mean you have to listen to rap. I can't stand rap (except old school hip hop) and in fact, I listen to metalcore mostly. Nothing feels like that kick drum and double bass in your chest. Don't think just because it sets off alarms it's rap. I had 6 10"s in my last car and it was LOUD and punchy but CLEAN and very obnoxious. Music is what drives some of us and you don't have to listen to rap in order to wake the neighbors. Just remember when you turn it up it's hard to keep the pedal from the floor, whether you listen to rap, rock, or metal.

A LOT of people I know like that kick in their chest. Personally when I'm blazing down the highway at 90 mph it's nice to know that even all the "dopest cats in my hood" are hearing me coming from 15 blocks away. And YES I do that with metalcore. People at work hear me coming a few blocks away 6 out of 7 days of the week. If you have questions message me. The Mazda 6 Metra kit is pretty in depth. Hope this helps you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement