Drivers Side Door will not open/unlock - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Mazda Newbie

I have a 2003 Mazda 6. The drivers side door will not open! I have tried unlocking manually, key less remote etc. The other doors will unlock and open.

The flip lock/latch inside the drivers door is partially open when in the unlock position, press lock on remote etc. the lock/latch closes all the way!!

I was told by the dealer it was going to cost $525 to fix it.

On Saturday at one time I tried the unlock and the lock/latch opened up all the way and had a drivers door that would work... then Sunday when I went to my brothers for a couple hours, I purposely left the drivers door unlocked. When I went to pull the door handle, it had locked it self!!! Now I am back to crawling over the console to the passenger side again for access in and out of the car!!

HELP Wanted!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
I have a 2003 Mazda 6. The drivers side door will not open! I have tried unlocking manually, key less remote etc. The other doors will unlock and open.

The flip lock/latch inside the drivers door is partially open when in the unlock position, press lock on remote etc. the lock/latch closes all the way!!

I was told by the dealer it was going to cost $525 to fix it.

On Saturday at one time I tried the unlock and the lock/latch opened up all the way and had a drivers door that would work... then Sunday when I went to my brothers for a couple hours, I purposely left the drivers door unlocked. When I went to pull the door handle, it had locked it self!!! Now I am back to crawling over the console to the passenger side again for access in and out of the car!!

HELP Wanted!![/b]
fyi, it is something electronically the part # is GK2C59310H; I have another dealer looking at it Friday questioning if it really needs all the accessories included in this part #. They are going to look for possible wire damage and or short somewhere in the door....
Old 05-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Platinum Member

I believe it should be possible to manually lock and unlock the door if it is a wiring issue. I think it may be a stuck actuator. The price to fix it seems steep though, in my book... Should be give or take a 1 hour job plus parts cost. Just my 2 cents.

Originator of the Mazdaworld Old Boys Team!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
I believe it should be possible to manually lock and unlock the door if it is a wiring issue. I think it may be a stuck actuator. The price to fix it seems steep though, in my book... Should be give or take a 1 hour job plus parts cost. Just my 2 cents.[/b]
Xedosman,

Thanks for the suggestion! Will ask the Service Department their thoughts on the Actuator...
Old 05-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
I believe it should be possible to manually lock and unlock the door if it is a wiring issue. I think it may be a stuck actuator. The price to fix it seems steep though, in my book... Should be give or take a 1 hour job plus parts cost. Just my 2 cents.[/b]
Xedosman, thanks again for your suggestion... I had asked about this when I took it in this a.m.

Just received second opinion from another Mazda Service center. Outcome was it is the part that was quoted from first Opinion I received.

Price I received this a.m. was close to $200 less than the original dealer quote, the service manager had offered me a Mazda 15% off coupon in addition if I decide to go with the repair. That impressed me very much that I had to go with it.

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Platinum Member

I'm glad you got it sorted

It is also another example of the difference between dealers...

Originator of the Mazdaworld Old Boys Team!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement