'06 Mazda 6 engine swap - Mazda Forum

MazdaWorld.org is the premier Mazda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Mazda Newbie

I currently have a 2006 Mazda 6 wagon with a blown engine. I've put an '04 engine in and it runs great except that the electronics don't seem to match up. One guy at a local shop called a friend at Mazda USA and was told that the computer just needed reprogramming. So I took it to the local dealership and the mechanic told me that the engine won't work and that I need a new engine and he could sell me a '08 engine for $8000. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Does anyone know or know where I can find out?

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
I currently have a 2006 Mazda 6 wagon with a blown engine. I've put an '04 engine in and it runs great except that the electronics don't seem to match up. One guy at a local shop called a friend at Mazda USA and was told that the computer just needed reprogramming. So I took it to the local dealership and the mechanic told me that the engine won't work and that I need a new engine and he could sell me a '08 engine for $8000. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Does anyone know or know where I can find out?

Any help would be appreciated.[/b]

i just blew my engine in my 04 mazda 6 I just need to know where I can find a new one and what all years engines can go in it....PLEASE HELP..
Old 07-13-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
i just blew my engine in my 04 mazda 6 I just need to know where I can find a new one and what all years engines can go in it....PLEASE HELP..[/b]
How did u blew it?!
Old 07-14-2009, 03:43 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:

Any help would be appreciated.[/b]
Is it the 2,3 fourpot? They are prone to oil starvation unless checked more often than most modern engines...

If you put in the same size engine, you should be fine I guess. Never mind the dealership sucker. All he wants is your money.

Since your new engine is another year, there may be a slight difference. Could be a misrouted vacuum line, or some sensor failure or difference. Do you have any codes?

In general swapping as much of accessories, sensors and stuff as possible over from the old engine should prevent issues.I believe the engine itself is identical unless it is a 2,0 fourpot, which got variable valve timing in 06. 2,3 should be the same.

Originator of the Mazdaworld Old Boys Team!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement