1540 on 2.3 miller - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1540 on 2.3 miller

Ok I replaced both abv solenoids replaced all vacuum lines and check valves when I replaced the knock sensor all new coil packs boots and plugs. Once the car gets warm it wont boost at all after 2000rpm and will bearly accelerate. Now at about 1/4 throttle it will increase speed just a little bit. When the car is cold car runs great hits boost with no hesitation what so ever. So not sure what else to look for any ideas would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Taylor,

I've struggled with similar gremlins in the past, and have thus far not kept up with the consecutive problems. Since you just did the vacuum lines, it's most likely that the problem lies there. I know how much you don't want to tear into that rats nest again, but there is probably a misrouted, leaky, or pinched line somewhere. If nothing raises any red flags there, check for leaks in the intake and while youre at it, you might want to clean the MAF with the special MAF cleaner, don't use anything else. With a 1504 its nearly always a vacuum leak, I'm sure you tested the pressure because you recommended that to me a few weeks ago, but man this vacuum system is a headache. I feel for ya, because my miller is still not happy with me, but one day, when the engine is happy, we will be too.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 08:48 AM
MazdaWorld Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi Taylor,

I just used the search function. --->https://forums.mazdaworld.org/100-mi...tml#post755402

Here is what I went through with my 1995 Miller 2.3L S.C. . I actually had to use three (3), yes THREE(3) vacuum diagrams of different years to help me understand the way everything gets routed (vacuum lines...). Just one vacuum diagram will have your head spinning... Ask me how I know! (Everything has to be PERFECT to the T!)

Luroc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the information guys. I replaced all vacuum lines with all new lines I also just recently found that a check valve had broken in half I replaced that as well and I also found that the big hose with the built in check valve that comes off the side of the throttle body to the pump hard line that the breaks booster line ties into had a hole in it from a metal hose clamp and along with the other big hose next to it. Even after I replaced that they stupid tcs lights come on and it goes into safe mode. But it gets worse with temperature. The hoter it gets the worse it is. If it's cold runs great. The vaccum diagram I've been using is the color one off of Google. But it does not say for what year miller cycle engine.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

I guess this weekend I'll start putting zipties on all of the vac lines to ensure a proper seal. Really wish this engine didn't produce so much heat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page