Supercharger rebuild - Page 14 - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #131 of 136 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spot on, bigb

Hey man, thanks! I just pulled the pulley and the inside is full of oil. I'm hopeful that this is the cause of the entire front of the engine being full of oil too. I did the cam seals last year when I did the valve cover gaskets, so I'm hoping there aren't other leaks somewhere. There's so much oil everywhere that it's hard to tell.

Regards,
Keen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
very simple solution. under the pulley there is an oil seal around the shaft, after a while it wears out similar to a camshaft or crankshaft oil seal.

its about $2 to replace and not too hard to get to it. remove the mount for more clearance, make sure you have the proper wrench to hold the pulley and then remove the single bolt. seal is changed like any oil seal.

DO NOT use an impact to remove the bolt or it will damage the gears in the supercharger.

good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 136 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 06:59 PM

Hey bigb, would you know where I can find that supercharger front shaft seal or a part number? I'm having some trouble tracking it down online, and my local Mazda dealer is closed.
post #133 of 136 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 11:35 PM
MazdaWorld Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 136 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Gold Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjockey70 View Post
no, that is of no use. mazda does not sell separate parts for the compressor. one would have to look at the markings on the seal to find out the size. probably have to remove it to see them. by then you are committed, and if you cant find the seal, then you are done
post #135 of 136 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 07:19 PM

Actually, I found an earlier thread by bigb with the dimensions 35x55x8 double lip.

Thanks for the suggestions.
post #136 of 136 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 03:03 PM
Mazda Newbie

Hi everybody. In the spirit Of full disclosure, I am not a Mazda owner. I am another 944 owner harvesting the discarded corpses of millennia. In an orgy of fiscal irresponsibility, I grabbed three millennia superchargers at the pick n pull.
Based in the discussion in this threat, it looks like sealing the supercharger off from engine oil and giving it it's own bath of s/c oil might be the way to go. Has anyone tried this? I saw the post on the other forum about grease, but it's not clear to me if he kept it connected or not. I'm just wondering how one might close up the oil passages. Thanks! [/resurrect]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page