Millenia L Vacuum Diagram - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I know the KJ engine has been posted and I didn't see the KL one. So I made one for the forum tonight. Feel free to pin or move the thread/picture to the appropriate section (maybe combine both threads or add it to the technical guides).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Platinum Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Where did you get this from? My vac lines are NOT routed this way. Some are correct, some are not. Line to your EGR should be route to PCV valve instead of the way is it displayed. What year is this for?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Looking for a Hi-Output Alternator for your Millenia? Contact me.. I'll build you one.

ASME SME SAE
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

It's from my factory service manual..2002 model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 04:42 AM
Silver Member

Send a message via AIM to drkhwy1 Send a message via MSN to drkhwy1 Send a message via Yahoo to drkhwy1
Quote:
Where did you get this from? My vac lines are NOT routed this way. Some are correct, some are not. Line to your EGR should be route to PCV valve instead of the way is it displayed. What year is this for?[/b]

EGR to PCV?!? Notice any running problems? Always thought EGR is routed back into the intake plenum while PCV comes from the crankcase (in this case the valve cover) and into the intake plenum.

Great info by the way Jeff. I can't wait until I get my FSM.

If you want to install a vacuum gauge the best place would be to tee into the line between the TB and the Purge Valve solenoid since the PV port on the TB is after the butterfly and therefore will be under constant vacuum except WOT. There's where I plan to tee off for my gauge.

2002 2.5L

[Insert Crafty Signature Line Here]
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
What is the charcoal canister and is that something that needs to be serviced???
-Steven

2012 Mazdaspeed 3
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
What is the charcoal canister and is that something that needs to be serviced???
-Steven[/b]
It's part of the emissions system. Holds fuel vapours until they can be burned in the motor when it's running
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Platinum Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
EGR to PCV?!? Notice any running problems? Always thought EGR is routed back into the intake plenum while PCV comes from the crankcase (in this case the valve cover) and into the intake plenum.

Great info by the way Jeff. I can't wait until I get my FSM.

If you want to install a vacuum gauge the best place would be to tee into the line between the TB and the Purge Valve solenoid since the PV port on the TB is after the butterfly and therefore will be under constant vacuum except WOT. There's where I plan to tee off for my gauge.[/b]

NO no no I'm not an idiot ... haha

The way my 95 and 97 are plumbed, the large vac fitting on the manifold (where the diagram shows leading to the egr solenoid bank) .. is actaully connected to my pcv valve. Doesn't matter in either case.

Guess there are minor changes in vac routing between the years.

Looking for a Hi-Output Alternator for your Millenia? Contact me.. I'll build you one.

ASME SME SAE
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 12:55 AM

Once you get used to looking at the 'S' diagram, this one looks so...empty. Nice post btw, I'm sure a few people will need this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 11:04 AM

That is so simple to follow....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page