TCS button - Page 2 - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
How about that one line.... "when normal gasoline is used" :hmm: I regularly run midgrade, and actually seem to get better mileage and throttle response than when on super... but then again I have my timing advanced 12 or so degrees... [/b]
Why not regulating the torque with low octane gas? Mazda is punishing the cheapies. Maybe thats why the shifts are so rough on S

What engine do you have? I run 89 octane as well on S. Did you go to the dealer for timing?

2001 Mazda Millenia S 196k Brilliant Black

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Silver Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the S fo course .... Advancing the timing is actually easy, but risky. On the end of the front cam there is the Cam Position Sensor, which is just a proximity swith sensing the metal disk on the end of the cam. So if you want to advance or retard timing, you can loosen the Philips (stupid fucking screw design) and move the disk (polished stainless I think) 1-2mm on the circumference clockwise (standing at the passenger side) for advancing, or counter-clockwise for retarding. I was informed of this by a Mazda tech at a dealership when I was having trouble, and it of course only made sense. BUT do this at your own risk, the screw is locktited it and therefore easy to strip the stupid Philips screw slot, and if you move to too far you can truly screw your car.... so make some sort of mark on the disk and housing for reference.

Just when you think you know, life changes and the obstacles are different. We are defined by our ability to overcome.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 02:30 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wink hunt

Oh, yeah, nice cars,wanted to buy one of these.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page