GB: OFFICIAL MILLENIA KSPORT COILOVER GROUP BUY THREAD - Page 2 - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 315 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Banned by Goliat6288

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the mod ive read IIRC is that there supposed to be spacer either in the front or back... not much of a mod but its a mod. i could be wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lowered on Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilovers
KLZE powered
Rolling on Mazda 6 snowflakes
Fixing my mistakes

by Millyowner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 315 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I wish their warranty was longer though... Sinc those are custom made... And only made once!

Milly00, I wasn't going to change my rear springs... I was going to just replace my rear shocks with KYB's. But after reading a thread here, looks like they don't make KYB's for 2001 Milly... So I have 2 options... Either group up with this and get the coilovers or just get 2 OE rear shocks.... The front's are still holding well... I just hear some noise in the back and also the car kind of jumps on bumbs in the back... A little weird but idk it jumps! If I'm on a curve and the rear wheels go over a pot hole or bumb, my car end would jump side ways... Also my car in the back is becoming lower than the front...
post #13 of 315 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to excluesiveonez
Quote:
For what year are this? I have an 01 Milly 2.5 and was thinking of buy KYB for rear...

I'm kinda lost, each kit includes 4 struts/coils? I mean each kit is for one car?
Is there any modification needs to be done on the car to make those fit? Or just plug and play? Sorry for this stupid question...

Each kit is $900? If we have 9+ orders[/b]
This will be for the 95-02 Millenias (S or L)

Each kit includes 4 struts/springs(coils), there should be no modification necessary.

You are correct on pricing.

Quote:
first question i have no idea.
The second question yes one kit is for one car... therefore 4 coilovers for one car/order
third question not sure... if anything it will be a slight mod, like the ones that have to be done on the eibach springs.
fourth question... yes sir 9+ kits its 900 shipped

but i think if we r lucky we will get only 7... which is good enough since this would make them available for when ever some one else wants them[/b]
As long as you get to 7, I don't mind putting out the rest of the money to get it started.

Quote:
I was reading in the ksportsusa site... I think these people are seriouse about their shocks and other things lol

Also, I checked the prices and they are at least $500 higher then $900.... So I was wondering wht kind of suspension are we getting? They have the shocks that can be adjusted at the mount

So you guys are buying them whether there are ppl on the list or not?
I need to look up the mod that has to be done for eibach springs...[/b]
You will be getting the Kontrol Pro Series coilover. I am a dealer so I am able to get pricing that suits the average joe. I can only place the order once at least 7 members have signed and paid.

I am not aware of any modification that is necessary.

Quote:
Your better off getting the whole kit. Not just the rear. Not good either to have your rear sitting off stock springs and the front on stock springs. Do them all 4.

Im sure their wont be any modification needed since they are making them for our cars. It should bolt right up. They are easier to install than springs IMO. All you do is take out the strut and spring assembly and re-install the new coilovers. You dont have to take your stock spring off the stock strut. No need for a spring compressor.
I was never aware of the modification needed for the Eibachs. Ive had Eibachs for about 5 years now and never had a problem.

I would jump all over this group buy if I had the money. Maybe the time this is actually going on I might.

BTW, do these have the bolts on the top of the strut where you can adjust the height? I know it would be easy in the front but what about the back? Would they adjust the same way?[/b]
There shouldn't be any modification necessary.

You may or may not have to use the stock top mount, but that will be relayed to me when the kit is made, so applications force you to use the stock top mount.

You will be able to adjust the height from the bottom mount. It is awesome because you are not adjusting the spring, therefore not losing the stroke of the strut itself.

Chris

::GONE::
.1998 MAZDA MILLENIA L.
.Chrome 18's lowered with H&r's.
.HID FOGS - HID LOWS.
.JKautosports CAI SYSTEM.
.CUSTOM MADE SUB BOX.
.CUSTOM MADE BILLET GRILLE.
.35% Tint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 315 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 08:13 PM

Thanks exclusiveonez for your reply... The suspension you are ordering seems to be aweosme

Can you get a longer warranty? That's my biggest concerns so far since I am not planning to sell my millenia anytime soon anymore...

Stupid question, the mount adjusting, will make you able to tilt the shock forward and backward? Or sideways?... I'm thinking innward and outward...
I know it's a lame question sorry
post #15 of 315 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Platinum Member

No tilting, there are threads to adjust ride height by moving the lower spring holder up and down.

Would be cool if you joined this groupbuy!

1998 Xedos 9 2,5 MT (5-speed)
2000 Xedos 9 2,5 AT
2002 BMW 530i Touring stickshift

Originator of the Mazdaworld Old Boys Team!
post #16 of 315 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Banned by Goliat6288

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
shiet
i am 50% !! i am not 100% cause might be selling my milly next yearrr

i'll have my say before oct 31

thanks for the great opportunity![/b]
i know it would be a hassle but y not buy them and then if you do decide to sell the milly you take off the coils and sell them seperately

Lowered on Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilovers
KLZE powered
Rolling on Mazda 6 snowflakes
Fixing my mistakes

by Millyowner
post #17 of 315 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
No tilting, there are threads to adjust ride height by moving the lower spring holder up and down.

Would be cool if you joined this groupbuy![/b]

No I know you can adjust the height of the ride with the nut that spins and hold the spring in place, but I'm talking about the top mount...
it has a plate where you can adjust the tilting... And that's what I'm wondering...

LOOK HERE

This is supposed to be the kit we are going to get

Question, how hard these coilovers will make the ride? Is it going to be really hard? It says you can adjust the hardness... Is there a dial for it? And how can u make adjustments on the rears? Take off the seat and deck each time!?

LMAO<-------Check this video
post #18 of 315 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Platinum Member

Ok, now I get your point. That adjustment makes sense on a McPearson suspension, where the strut plays a role on wheel angles. Your Milly has a full fledged multilink suspension, all the strut does is to take care of the bumps. All those links take care of the angles, both fore and aft.

I am also curious about how the damping is adjusted. Hopefully it is possible after install, ideally it should be fairly convinient to adjust for various load.

That Golf setup is retarded. Bet it handles like **** on anything but the smoothest of surfaces. All a too stiff rear swaybar compared to front swaybar does is provide insane oversteering in corners. Swaybars decrease road grip.

1998 Xedos 9 2,5 MT (5-speed)
2000 Xedos 9 2,5 AT
2002 BMW 530i Touring stickshift

Originator of the Mazdaworld Old Boys Team!
post #19 of 315 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 12:29 AM

So what makes the ride noisy? My Milly ride quality dropped since I bought it... i checked the wheel for free movement but none is there... I can&#39;t tell if it&#39;s a lower arm or the one in the middle... I also realized something, when I drive off of a steep driveway or like if the edge is high and the wheels are pushed alot, I hear a loud knock... It&#39;s sounds like if you&#39;re cracking your knuckles but it&#39;s loud and under the car lol... Only comes in that situation... What could that be?

And what makes the ride noisy? Shocks? What makes it jump around on bumbs and not feel solid? Shocks? Man I miss how it felt when I first bought it.. It felt like I&#39;m driving a tank

And any opinions on RockAuto stuff quality?

Sorry for posting here if you guys want me to delete it I will ... I just didn&#39;t think it&#39;s any better to post a new thread for my question
post #20 of 315 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to excluesiveonez
Quote:
Ok, now I get your point. That adjustment makes sense on a McPearson suspension, where the strut plays a role on wheel angles. Your Milly has a full fledged multilink suspension, all the strut does is to take care of the bumps. All those links take care of the angles, both fore and aft.

I am also curious about how the damping is adjusted. Hopefully it is possible after install, ideally it should be fairly convinient to adjust for various load.

That Golf setup is retarded. Bet it handles like **** on anything but the smoothest of surfaces. All a too stiff rear swaybar compared to front swaybar does is provide insane oversteering in corners. Swaybars decrease road grip.[/b]
You hit it right on the nose with just about every aspect of this post. very informative and members should use this post as a good starting point (and some the ending point) of their research.

Quote:
So what makes the ride noisy? My Milly ride quality dropped since I bought it... i checked the wheel for free movement but none is there... I can&#39;t tell if it&#39;s a lower arm or the one in the middle... I also realized something, when I drive off of a steep driveway or like if the edge is high and the wheels are pushed alot, I hear a loud knock... It&#39;s sounds like if you&#39;re cracking your knuckles but it&#39;s loud and under the car lol... Only comes in that situation... What could that be?

And what makes the ride noisy? Shocks? What makes it jump around on bumbs and not feel solid? Shocks? Man I miss how it felt when I first bought it.. It felt like I&#39;m driving a tank

And any opinions on RockAuto stuff quality?

Sorry for posting here if you guys want me to delete it I will ... I just didn&#39;t think it&#39;s any better to post a new thread for my question[/b]
RockAuto&#39;s prices are usually awesome for OE quality parts. Some beckArnley parts are actually OEM toyota parts, inside toyota bags.

::GONE::
.1998 MAZDA MILLENIA L.
.Chrome 18's lowered with H&r's.
.HID FOGS - HID LOWS.
.JKautosports CAI SYSTEM.
.CUSTOM MADE SUB BOX.
.CUSTOM MADE BILLET GRILLE.
.35% Tint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page