1997 Millenia S stalls only under load - Page 11 - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
MazdaWorld Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Update: The shifter cable for the automatic transmission came this week. Mechanic was back in the hospital for another kidney stone. Turns out one has to remove the ENTIRE dashboard, radio, center stack and console to get a new cable installed. A friend of his who is a Mazda mechanic says another options is to drill a new hole in the firewall and use a different route to the shifter. I gave him permission to try that. He will take some photos. Apparently one must be careful of the ECU/computer as you drill/route the cable. Hope I get the car back by Friday. Getting more complicated.

Update: Everything is back together except the fender shields. No leaks. Car starts and runs and stalls under load. Same as it ever was. I will pick it up in a day or two and drive it for a few days or so before mechanic puts back the shields, just to make sure there are no fluid leaks. The hole in the firewall is now filled with expanding foam. Can't wait for the pictures. Cheers.

Last edited by [email protected]; 02-14-2017 at 10:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
MazdaWorld Member

Well, the supercharger is toast. Rattles, won't allow the engine to idle. Think I will put the car on Craig's list for parts or send it to the kidney car foundation. Transmission is still good. Wish I had the time to part it out.

Just at 254,000 miles. And there are no fluid leaks at all. Bummer.
post #103 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 07:17 PM
MazdaWorld Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi, are you for sure done with your Milly? I am currently encountering a no start/no crank issue with one of my '99 S'. I think I have narrowed it down to the ignition cylinder/switch assembly. Any chance you would be willing to pull yours and sell me that? I'm in Harrisburg/Hershey PA area. Btw

Thx,
Ted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 07:31 PM
MazdaWorld Member

Btw.. if you would have any interest in keeping your car.. it just so happens I have a spare used supercharger already off the car sitting in my laundry room..

And I work for the #1 overnight shipping Co., so I get a healthy shipping discount..

Lemme know what you want to do.
post #105 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 08:26 AM
MazdaWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Well, the supercharger is toast. Rattles, won't allow the engine to idle. Think I will put the car on Craig's list for parts or send it to the kidney car foundation. Transmission is still good. Wish I had the time to part it out.

Just at 254,000 miles. And there are no fluid leaks at all. Bummer.

What? are you Serious/ Sure about it going to the bone yard? Can post a video of the actual sound that it's making? It might just be an air leak... Also, was that the original Supercharger that came with the car?

Please try to save her!
&

Best of Luck from Mazda World!

Luroc
post #106 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
MazdaWorld Member

There is no air leak. There is no vacuum leak that I or mechanic can find. Could be a bad fuel injector in cylinder 2, but the SC just makes a terrible rattle all the time now.
post #107 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 10:35 PM
Silver Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Bummer, as most of those issues with what you describe are vacuum leaks. If you are feel up to it a different SC could solve the issue, just take your time.
TomK

2001 Mazda Millenia 2.5L Champagne Silver Mica 190,000 miles
2002 BMW 530iA Sterling/black 95,000 miles
2006 Volvo XC70 Blue 136,000 miles
2001 Mazda Millenia 2.5L Brilliant Black 213,000 miles - SOLD
1993 Mazda 626 2.5L ATX 235,000 miles - SOLD
post #108 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
MazdaWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutcht1 View Post
Bummer, as most of those issues with what you describe are vacuum leaks. If you are feel up to it a different SC could solve the issue, just take your time.
TomK
Unfortunately, I don't have the time to take off the intake system and find the vacuum leaks. Plus, I have two other cars, (one is a VW .:R32 that is a blast). And now the Milly has a flat tire, too. Where did that come from?
post #109 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
MazdaWorld Member

Bad Luck Today :(

This afternoon a 12 year old neighbor, while riding his bike distracted, ran into the back of the parked Milly S. He bent the trunk, cracked the reflector, dislodged the Mazda insignia, and then flew face first into the rear windscreen. He needed some stitches and some glass pieces removed from his face. Not sure why he was distracted. Fortunately, he did not have a concussion. Car is probably totaled. I think the cost of the rear window alone is more than the blue book value. Having the car towed tomorrow (Still has a flat.) Will update on the outcome, but she is probably going to the junk yard. Will have to see what insurance pays. Glad the neighbor is OK. What a mess. Car has been faithfully parked in the same spot in our cul-de-sac for the last 13 years.

Rear window smashed.

Trunk and reflector.

Bike tread marks on bumper.

Face into glass = blood, unfortunately.

Here is the bike.
post #110 of 112 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
MazdaWorld Member

The kid's homeowner's insurance sent a check for $1405 for the repairs. Junk yard gave me an additional $100 to take it away. Sad to see it hauled off a few weeks ago. Don't think I could have sold it for $1500. Wife is happy. See you guys around. Tough end to the story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page