Engine revving - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey there Mazda world! My name is Chad and I own a 2003 Mazda MPV LX. So..... lately I have been dealing with this issue........
Whenever I start the vehicle after it's been sitting for a fews hours+ the vehicle will start normally but then immediately revs up on its own as if I stomped on the gas pedal.
Simultaneously the O/D OFF light begins to flash.
The revving will go up as high as 4,000 rpms and it does this sporadically for about 5-10 minutes until it returns to normal idle. At this time I can put it into gear and begin to drive. If I try to put it into gear before the revving calms down it will die. From there it will only start if I am holding down the gas pedal and sometimes it will take a couple "starts then dies" cycles before its good to drive. If I have recently been driving the car and it has only been sitting for an hour or less it will start up fine and I can put it in drive and be on my way no problems.
Last thing: sometimes if I try to drive off too soon after starting up and getting it into gear, there will be random surges of throttle sometimes even when holding down brake pedal.
HEEEEELLLPP!!!!!! Haha

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated! First time jumping into a forum like this so I hope I didn't ramble too much, hehe.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by challiburton84; 06-04-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page