1992 B2600i will not run - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1992 B2600i will not run

HELP!!! I have a 1992 B2600i 4x4 auto, I have replaced the ECU (through Rockauto.com), wires, plugs, cap & rotor, coil, pcv valve, fuel filter, fuel lines, fuel tank, sending unit, tested fuel pump (all good there). It will run until it gets hot and then it will sputter and die if you step on the gas, or try to come to a stop and it is TOTALLY random. While driving, sometimes the "HOLD" will flash & hear clicking by me on the drivers side and it will shutter and want to die, if I back off the gas and slowly accelerate, it may or may not stay running. Sometimes if I hammer the gas it will stay running, sometimes not and die while driving.... I have read multiple threads on this forum.....

I have a new distributor & going to try it next.

Should I change the fuel pressure regulator, TPS sensor????

Driving me mad and taking me to the poor house! It only has 134,000 miles on it and way too far into it to junk it or drive it into the river!!

Please help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 12:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did the distributor do it? I was thinking the module in the distributor or the fuel pump relay are about all that are left.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 10:44 AM
MazdaWorld Member

Send a message via AIM to smuryof Send a message via MSN to smuryof Send a message via Yahoo to smuryof
If you pull a plug and it is grey/dark in color, it's probably running rich and not compensating for a warmed-up engine. From what you are describing, that's what I would guess.

I would try replacing the TPS or at least unplug it to see if it changes the running condition. Bad TPS's can do crazy stuff like you are describing.

Also, temp sending unit maybe? IIRC the ECU has a different feedback sensor than the dash - so just 'cuz the dash temp gauge is working doesn't mean the ECU is getting a good reading. Might check voltage on that wire as it heats up to see if it is working instead of blindly replacing it, if you want to save $$.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 08:06 PM
Mazda Newbie

Hey there I was wondering what worked for you. I have a 89 with a 92 body and it won?t run. It will turn over but not fire up. Completely baffled at this point.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Mazda Newbie

Were you able to solve the problem?

i am having the same problem!!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 01:09 AM
Mazda Newbie

run a separate ground wire to your ecm or check your temp sending unit the 2 pin located by your thermostat do a oms check on sending unit and a volt check on the power supply wire shud not be anymore than 5 volts to the wire with the key turned on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page