Mazda Forum

Mazda Forum (https://forums.mazdaworld.org/)
-   B-Series Truck (https://forums.mazdaworld.org/109-b-series-truck/)
-   -   greetings & salutations (https://forums.mazdaworld.org/109-b-series-truck/338437-greetings-salutations.html)

Stoned 10-04-2018 03:42 PM

greetings & salutations

I came over to this site from another Mazda B trucking site, that apparently is no more. I have owned a early 90s Mazda B2200 truck & worked on it for many years, in fact practically ever since it was new. They are great trucks, & fun to own & drive.

Cussboy 10-05-2018 10:19 AM

The owner of the MazdaTrucking.com site is not involved with the day-to-day running of the site, and he was late paying the fees. The administrators of that site are trying to arrange to get full control from him, so I expect that site to be up and running again soon, with all its data intact. There was a ton of archived information and how-tos there.

Cussboy 10-06-2018 09:57 AM

I'd screw it up even more; I never even learned how to type, but at least I'm now up to Windows7.

Stoned 10-08-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cussboy (Post 757599)
I'd screw it up even more; I never even learned how to type, but at least I'm now up to Windows7.

I recently graduated to Win 10, & wish Microsoft would quit jacking around. I miss XP, and feel it was one of the best operating systems ever.

People are getting sick & tired of Microsoft & all of their games. It's no wonder so many people are going with Apple, but I can't currently afford to.

I think our old site Mazda Trucking may very well be gone forever. Membership was falling, & it's sad any way you look at it.:frown:

Cussboy 10-09-2018 09:05 AM

I have XP on my desktop unit, which rarely gets used these days, since I acquired a used Dell laptop with Windows 7 in the spring. With this laptop I can see MLB and videos that I could not do on XP. Plus, TurboTax doesn't work on XP these days.

Stoned 10-09-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cussboy (Post 757621)
I have XP on my desktop unit, which rarely gets used these days, since I acquired a used Dell laptop with Windows 7 in the spring. With this laptop I can see MLB and videos that I could not do on XP. Plus, TurboTax doesn't work on XP these days.

When I left Win 7, it was only because they claimed that security updates were no longer being provided for 7. Win 10 which is what I went to, is absolutely loaded with spyware, but most of it can be shut off, by going into privacy, & changing a bunch of default items.

For reasons such as the above along with a bunch of other reasons, I much preferred Win 7, and especially Win XP.

Whenever Microsoft comes out with a new operating system they call it an "upgrade", but nothing could be further from the truth.