greetings & salutations - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
greetings & salutations

I came over to this site from another Mazda B trucking site, that apparently is no more. I have owned a early 90s Mazda B2200 truck & worked on it for many years, in fact practically ever since it was new. They are great trucks, & fun to own & drive.

Last edited by Stoned; 10-04-2018 at 03:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 10:19 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
The owner of the MazdaTrucking.com site is not involved with the day-to-day running of the site, and he was late paying the fees. The administrators of that site are trying to arrange to get full control from him, so I expect that site to be up and running again soon, with all its data intact. There was a ton of archived information and how-tos there.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 09:57 AM

I'd screw it up even more; I never even learned how to type, but at least I'm now up to Windows7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cussboy View Post
I'd screw it up even more; I never even learned how to type, but at least I'm now up to Windows7.

I recently graduated to Win 10, & wish Microsoft would quit jacking around. I miss XP, and feel it was one of the best operating systems ever.

People are getting sick & tired of Microsoft & all of their games. It's no wonder so many people are going with Apple, but I can't currently afford to.

I think our old site Mazda Trucking may very well be gone forever. Membership was falling, & it's sad any way you look at it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 09:05 AM

I have XP on my desktop unit, which rarely gets used these days, since I acquired a used Dell laptop with Windows 7 in the spring. With this laptop I can see MLB and videos that I could not do on XP. Plus, TurboTax doesn't work on XP these days.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cussboy View Post
I have XP on my desktop unit, which rarely gets used these days, since I acquired a used Dell laptop with Windows 7 in the spring. With this laptop I can see MLB and videos that I could not do on XP. Plus, TurboTax doesn't work on XP these days.
When I left Win 7, it was only because they claimed that security updates were no longer being provided for 7. Win 10 which is what I went to, is absolutely loaded with spyware, but most of it can be shut off, by going into privacy, & changing a bunch of default items.

For reasons such as the above along with a bunch of other reasons, I much preferred Win 7, and especially Win XP.

Whenever Microsoft comes out with a new operating system they call it an "upgrade", but nothing could be further from the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page