What about the Mazda CX-5? - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What about the Mazda CX-5?

Hey everyone, what does everyone think of the new CX-5.

I write for an automotive site and we recently
on it, but we are still unsure what the general reaction to it is.

What dya reckon?

Any feedback on the video and comments on the CX-5 would be really appreciated, cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:44 AM
Mazda Newbie

Well I love it. I've owned loads of cars over the last 40 plus years, and this is the one I enjoy driving the most.

Couple of issues however. There is an engine oil rise problem thanks to the regeneration set-up where diesel enters the sump as per design. I needed an oil change in less than 6,000 miles. So I'm keeping an eye on it.

This is a recognised problem in Australia where this model has been out for over a year now, and they have a fix by way of a bulletin. Sadly Mazda UK are in a bit of denial.

Other issue is the TomTom (Not Mazda's fault) Very unstable, not easy to install updates and live traffic tends to come & go. Have had my unit replaced.

Finally, it is a shame there is no dedicated area in these forums for the CX-5.

Alex
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 05:20 PM
Mazda Newbie

CX-5 Engine block cracking!

From personal experience point of view I would stay away from any Skyactive engine in the Mazda CX-5, Mazda 6 or Mazda 3. My engine block cracked after only 72,000km’s! with No overheating alarm. Note the Mazda doesn’t have a gauge but just a warning light that’s goes through a sequence of flashes if there is a problem but by the time that happens you’re already too late.
The cost of repair was over 6,500EUR and not long out of warrantee I reached out to Mazda Ireland and Mazda UK and they refused to engage in any helpful discussions as to what could have been the root cause or any compensation. I’ve since learnt from getting the engine fixed it’s a common problem with the Skyactive engine that Mazda is just ignoring.
I’ll be going for a car maker with longer warrantee next time. i.e. Not Mazda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page