Aux input / media button - Page 2 - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Oh well. Here's hoping I don't crash while trying to read my iPod. AuxMod here I come.

Thanks for your help; it is much appreciated![/b]
I did actually just find out that '08.5 Mz3's have a different ipod module. The new one requires an install kit, and one of the two available includes a sirius passthrough, so you can have both the ipod module and sirius. I don't know if the one for the Mz6 is the same, or if they made the same changes to the HU as they did in the newest 3. Might be something to look into.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods to come: ??????? ||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Hey I'm new to the Mazda world in terms of the car and website anyways I know there is an aux input jack in the armrest and I know its a minijack to minijack but I tried this and then hit the media button and nothing happened if anyone knows how to make this jack work or what I have to do I would love your help seems useless to have the jack but not be able to use is thanks for your help.[/b]
Hi guys, I have a very related question, maybe you can help. I just bought a 2007 mazda 3 and have the same issue. I know now that it is because the sirius is hooked up, thus making the aux input nonfunctional. MY question is, since I don't really care about the satellite radio (I don't want to pay the subscription), and I'd rather just use my iphone to play music, is there a way for me to swap the inputs myself? As you can suspect, the dealer had no idea. They thought I needed a whole new receiver, and I said NO WAY. Is it simple to remove the HU and just unplug the sirius to plug in the aux input? Is the unused cable just hanging out back there? I shouldn't need the adaptor mentioned below for this, correct? Since the dealer obviously doesn't know what they're talking about, I feel I might have difficulty getting them to do this for me. Thanks for any help!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Hi guys, I have a very related question, maybe you can help. I just bought a 2007 mazda 3 and have the same issue. I know now that it is because the sirius is hooked up, thus making the aux input nonfunctional. MY question is, since I don't really care about the satellite radio (I don't want to pay the subscription), and I'd rather just use my iphone to play music, is there a way for me to swap the inputs myself? As you can suspect, the dealer had no idea. They thought I needed a whole new receiver, and I said NO WAY. Is it simple to remove the HU and just unplug the sirius to plug in the aux input? Is the unused cable just hanging out back there? I shouldn't need the adaptor mentioned below for this, correct? Since the dealer obviously doesn't know what they're talking about, I feel I might have difficulty getting them to do this for me. Thanks for any help![/b]
UPDATE:
So nevermind! I found some instructions on how to remove the HU, and once removed, it's really easy to swap the sirius and aux cables. The aux cable is just dangling back there. Silly setup, but it works. Sounds pretty good. Didn't even need to disconnect the battery, just unplugged the HU before swapping. Worked great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Mazda Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmodeleon@gmail.com View Post
UPDATE:
So nevermind! I found some instructions on how to remove the HU, and once removed, it's really easy to swap the sirius and aux cables. The aux cable is just dangling back there. Silly setup, but it works. Sounds pretty good. Didn't even need to disconnect the battery, just unplugged the HU before swapping. Worked great.
Did you plug the aux cable into the bottom of the HU or where the Sat cable used to be?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 01:29 PM
Mazda Newbie

Cool mali

Oh, yeah, nice cars,wanted to buy one of these.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page