Aux input / media button - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey I'm new to the Mazda world in terms of the car and website anyways I know there is an aux input jack in the armrest and I know its a minijack to minijack but I tried this and then hit the media button and nothing happened if anyone knows how to make this jack work or what I have to do I would love your help seems useless to have the jack but not be able to use is thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 04:42 PM

I'm going to guess that you have sirius hooked up to your stereo, yes? The ACI (Auxiliary Console Input) uses the same port on the back of the HU as the OEM: sirius/phatbox/ipod adapter, so if you have one of those then the ACI is no longer plugged in. If you do have sirius you're probably annoyed at your dealer now because they didn't tell you you'd lose the input feature. Well here's the thing..... they probably didn't know you would. This is the annoying thing about dealers knowing less about the features of the cars they're selling than the people who own them.

Mazda did come out with a multiport switchbox to address this problem. It allows you to plug the ACI in, and one of the other methods that use that port (one of the plugs only works with the ACI, so there's no sirius + phatbox. ). Once everything's plugged in you switch functions just like you normally would (SAT for sirius, MEDIA for ACI). You would need P/N TD1379CFZ, and it runs about $113. Several people have gotten Mazda to cover the price of the switchbox just on the basis of the ACI being a selling point and them not being made aware that another expensive system (i.e.- the sirius) they purchased made it unusable.

Check out THIS thread for lists of all the available audio input/ipod integration methods. There's a link there for the switchbox from www.onlinemazdaparts.com.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods to come: ??????? ||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Mazda Newbie

Just an FYI. I have a sirius radio that I transferred over to my new 3. I thought, fantastic, an aux jack I can plug my sirius thru. However, dealer suspects it blew my key fob controlers. So, when I get the fob thing fixed, I won't be using the jack. Why put it there.....sucks. Now I gotta listen to the Sirius thru the **** radio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Just an FYI. I have a sirius radio that I transferred over to my new 3. I thought, fantastic, an aux jack I can plug my sirius thru. However, dealer suspects it blew my key fob controlers. So, when I get the fob thing fixed, I won't be using the jack. Why put it there.....sucks. Now I gotta listen to the Sirius thru the **** radio.[/b]
It seems quite unlikely that your sirius blew your KEU. First off how would any signal played through the aux. input blow the KEU? I mean that means that if you plugged in a Mp3 player it would do the same thing? It just doesn't follow. Where were you getting power for the sirius unit from?

In any case the KEU is located in above the headliner by the maplights. I think your dealer is full of it myself.

||

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Mazda Newbie

That explains why the tech was fiddling with my map lights. I plugged the sirius power adaptor into the power connector beside the aux jack in the centre console. Routed both wires beside the seat. I did not cut or "hard" wire anything so to speak. Not like the good ol'days. (Not that old)
Seems odd that it would blow shortly after. Kind of like when you break your computer. You have to ask yourself....what have I done in the last 10 minutes. Then reverse it. However, I think that is what they are trying to point it out as. I will ask them what the difference would be if it were a signal from an mp3 player. I think they are grasping at straws. They said there is power going to the unit, but no power going out to catch a signal from the fobs.
I'll take it in next week. Not having the fobs suck. It's cool to only have one door lock on the car, but a pain in the butt when you want to get in from the passenger side and the doors are locked.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Mazda Newbie

FYI. Since I had left the dealer. I kept the connector plug wire unhooked and was using Sirus thru radio. When I got back from my vacation. (Drove 1250 kms) Got home and the **** key fobs are working again. I am going to leave the wire out of the equation. I will call the dealer to let them know. They still may want to tinqer with it. Who knows.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 01:05 PM

Yeah it sounds like a part defect clear and simple. Maybe try plugging stuff in again and see if that makes it not work.

||

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Mazda Newbie

icspots, I guess this question is for you. You're the only person I've found with any knowledge of that switch box for the Mazda3, including Mazda themselves. Have you tested that switch box? Are you sure that one of the inputs onlyl works for the ACI cable for a Mazda3? I have a 2008 Mazda6 and was really hoping that same switch box would allow me to have both Sirius and iPod integrated systems. I'm trying to find some confirmation though, before I spend $300 on parts in an experiment. Otherwise I'll just use AuxMod and have a non-integrated auxiliary input.

My local dealer is getting a switch so I can take a look at it and see if it looks like it may work, but if someone has tested this thing out it would be great to know the outcome.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
icspots, I guess this question is for you. You're the only person I've found with any knowledge of that switch box for the Mazda3, including Mazda themselves. Have you tested that switch box? Are you sure that one of the inputs only works for the ACI cable for a Mazda3? I have a 2008 Mazda6 and was really hoping that same switch box would allow me to have both Sirius and iPod integrated systems. I'm trying to find some confirmation though, before I spend $300 on parts in an experiment. Otherwise I'll just use AuxMod and have a non-integrated auxiliary input.

My local dealer is getting a switch so I can take a look at it and see if it looks like it may work, but if someone has tested this thing out it would be great to know the outcome.[/b]
I have not tested out the switchbox, however Zero Cool from mazda3forums has and confirms that one input only works with the ACI. There are some newer sirius models for Mazda out there (the one for the Mazda 5 for one) which include a pass through for the ACI so that you don't have to have a switchbox. I'm 99% sure however that this kit does not work with either the 3 or the 6. I've also seen some stuff recently advertised for the 3 as an ipod kit for cars with sirius.... not really sure what's up with that but I'm looking into it. Really I wouldn't get your hopes up though.

||

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Mazda Newbie

Oh well. Here's hoping I don't crash while trying to read my iPod. AuxMod here I come.

Thanks for your help; it is much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page