Pics of your old Mazdas - Page 2 - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
OK Heres mine from California USA - More information can be found at wwwMAZDACOSMO.com . THanks Brian
[/b]

WOW! Thats a nice one. I havent seen many in as good condition as that. Here in New Zealand they are called RX-5 unless it has been imported from Japan in which case they are badged Cosmo.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 09:02 PM

g,day i wanted to put some pictures of my 79 626 super delux up but i cant work out how to put the pictures in the reply can anyone help?

thanks
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 04:09 PM

Hi
This is williams , the cars are the best means of transport .These cars are very nice to travel and very comfortable to travel and to drive.
================================================== ============================
williams

Oklahoma Drug Treatment

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Here are some new pics:

Some new Pics from the 323 GT:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:04 AM

Nice job! Funny to see the notch back style. Where the wheels 4x120 lugs still on those cars? I would love to have a set of wheels like that if there is still a source. Email me with any information [email protected] . I to am replace the beer keg motor with a 93 Mustang 5.0 Cobra motor soon.

Quote:
G'day there, this is a car that was my pride and joy until it was stolen and trashed I can be relaxed in the belief that what goes around comes around, so the bastards who stole it will get what's coming to them, if they haven't already

Anyway, it's a '78 121L and I bought it stock back in late '84, but it didn't stay that way for too long. It was '95 that it got wrecked, so I got plenty of enjoyment out of it for quite a while, although I'd still have it today if it didn't get flogged.

I swapped out the standard boat anchor of a 4 cylinder and sludge box 3 speed auto for a Leyland 4.4 litre P76 all alloy V8 and a Toyota Celica cast iron 5 speed manual and then fitted a Borg-Warner 2.92:1 LSD. What a sweet ride, it drove like a dream, a placid ***** or a wild beast. It was certainly a sleeper and with the power-to-weight ratio could just about blow the doors off anything on the road without even trying.

I dropped the springs 2" in the front and 1.25" in the rear. The wheels were Simmons B45s 16x7 on the front and 16x8 on the rear shod with 225/50-16 & 245/45-16 respectively and they didn't scrub the guards at all. The interior was completely replaced with a custom retrim befitting the style of the car with a pair of Australian made Stratos sports seats up front with a leather bound sports steering wheel. The dash was restored and recoloured to replace th horrid baby sh*t green and the rest of the plastic was also coloure-coded to suit. The pics below show the interior, which I still have if someone is interested (the colour mismatch in the door trims is just where I stitched the images together)

**** I miss that car

Click on the thumbnails to enlarge

To see the pics of the interior (stripped from the car) and a couple of other pics of another 121L I had click on the link

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k2.../Mazda%20121L/[/b]
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 02:16 AM
Silver Member

Garage
the 'noch-back' model was 121L (landau)

very nice, but its missing the Vinyl roof at the back. i used to have 121 (rx5/cosmo shape)

All of the 121 (CD Model) were 4x120 (only other car was 78-79(i think) Civic) even the 80-81 Series 2 (square head lights)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

I think it has a vinyl, -but it is just white....

post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 05:46 AM
Silver Member

Garage
it does too, my bad

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 09:30 PM

#1 is colored like a cop car or is it just me :P
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 05:24 PM

hey nice cars i allways wanted a 626 two door could never find one in the us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page