Eunos Cosmo - Mazda Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[url="http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=54189931&a lbumID=0&imageID=21783559"]<<<<<<====PICTURE OF MY COSMO

I have a JCES Cosmo. 20B rotary. Love the car. it is 100% standard nothing has been changed or modified. i need some advice with my car. a couple of months ago i went out for the night n had some races with my mates. it over heated severely (red line on the temp gauge) and since that night it has been really hard to start (have to hold key on for about 30 seconds n pump the accelerator) i ran out of fuel just last week (on the side of the road) put more fuel in and drove it home, the next morning it wouldn&#39;t start and hasn&#39;t since. i replaced the fuel filter and sparks n leads and still the same... still just winds over but doesn&#39;t start. i&#39;m sorta hoping it is something small that can be fixed and someone may know what it is and be able to help me or it might just need a rebuild (which would be a pain but i may as well bomb it if i do so i have some plans for about 500hp - 550hp up my sleeve lol)

Cheers
Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 06:07 AM
Platinum Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Fuel pump is my first thought. Fuel is used to cool the pump during operation and running the tank dry can cause thermal damage to the pump.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 05:56 AM

Firstly, if you have overheated it, then there is a good chance the engine is about gone. The aluminium rotor housings would have warped & gone out of spec. this would then allow water &/or oil into the combustion area reulting in difficult starting & poor running. Compression would be down too.

The 2nd issue you would have should be a simple case of Cosmo flooding. happens if you turn the engine off without properly warming it & driving. The worse the condition of the engine, the easier it is to flood. Un-flooding it is anything from tuff to easy. Depends on what you know, who you are & if help is at hand.

Where are you loctaed..........??

REgards

His car = Eunos Cosmo - 95

Her car = Mazda RX-8 - 03

Our crib = Streets of Sydney town

The web =
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My cash =
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Mazda Newbie

totally off topic and sorry to hear that you cooked your motor.. i am in search for a eunos cosmo front windscreen, can anybody help?
im located in WA australia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page