LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
Mazda Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Arrow Greetings from East Tennessee, USA

Hello everyone,

I am joining the Forum in hopes of interacting with anyone who has or is having issues with the EGR valve and related parts. My 2002 Millenia is approaching 100K miles, runs like a top, getting almost 24 mpg on regular gas, not using a single drop of Castrol GTX high mileage full synthetic oil each month. Bottom line is that this is a great car. When I bought it last year in May from Carmax as a wholesale vehicle we had a very thorough examination and subsequent work on the emissions system, including a new EGR valve, several vacuum hoses, and a "deep dive" into the innards of the engine where another hose was found to be cracked, all to get the check light to stay off. In December 2018 it came back on. After some research on this site, I disconnected the ground on the battery, stepped on the brake pedal, and the light went off and stayed off, until March (about 2000 miles later). It stayed off for about 5 weeks, I reset it, and it has come back on again after two weeks. A trip to Autozone for a code check produced the EGR code. But the part is nearly new, so does anyone know what might be causing the light to come on??? I am not having any rough idle, unusual fuel smells, etc. Am looking forward to feedback and advice before I take it back in. Also, what if I just ran it with the light on if there aren't any symptoms?

Thanks,

John

Last edited by Millenia2002JLO; 05-01-2019 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Typos on my part and some more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page